+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    RHCSA (RHEL6), CCENT, ITIL Foundations v3 (ITSM)

Default Are you interested or committed?

I came across this answer which I thought was very well said so here I am sharing it for everyone to read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskNetsec/c..._just/dk7ezmf/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP, GPEN, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, Security+, ITIL Foundation, MCP
    I did the 90 day PWK lab and failed the test. Then a lab extension but never a 2nd attempt at the test. We're down a man at work, no time. I'm training for this or that run, no time. Life, work, whatever, got in the way. Or at least that's what I told myself. This is great motivation to go back and get this done. Many thanks for sharing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP-ISSAP, HCISPP GPEN, GSEC, GSNA, GCIH, E|CH, ECSA, Security+

Default Thumbs up

Yeah after a summer of dealing with uninterested interns this post felt pretty spot on. When you have to explain to the youngsters that there are some smart people in the organization and many, if not most have at least a Master's degree let alone a four year... the look of shock and disappointment is its own reward. Welcome to the world of the alpha dog IT group where everyone is good enough to be an alpha tech in there respective field. - b/eads
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Darth Lord of the Sith ITSpectre's Avatar

Certifications
    Sec+, MTA, MCP
    Thank you for this.... because of this post I found links for more study materials for the OSCP.... +1 rep for this post.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatrik View Post
    I came across this answer which I thought was very well said so here I am sharing it for everyone to read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskNetsec/c..._just/dk7ezmf/
    Great read and thanks for sharing. I'll add meditation to staying even more focused and dealing with day to day challenges. I'll also pass it on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks