+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CCENT, CASP, Linux+, LPIC-1, A+, Net+, Sec+, Project+, MTA Web/Database/Server Admin Fundamentals
    I think another argument is that the people currently sitting in most security jobs hold a CISSP. For me it was a challenge but not the hardest thing I've ever done. Despite all its flaws the test material did open my mind up to the business aspect of security, which is often overlooked when people just focus on the technical side of things. When I see people complain and argue why they don't need a CISSP, it mostly just makes me role my eyes, my thinking is that I did it when I didn't want to, why should this other guy get to skip this step in his security career? I suspect many hiring managers are going to be thinking that too. Odds are if you walk into an interview and tell the CISSPs sitting across from you that their cert is worthless and you don't need it... Don't be surprised if you get passed over for that position.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, Server+
    Hey @Databasehead, great research and chart. I am wondering if you also researched any other security certs from GIAC, EC-Council and Cisco?
    2017 Goals: Security+ [] Server+ []
    2018 Goals: CCNA Cyber Ops, Security[ ] CISSP [ ]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks