+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default elearnsecurity related questions

Now days i am trying to solve HTB (hackthebox) machines.But there is lots of things which i don't know. I want to set my career as Penetration Tester so OSCP is my goal. As suggested from others the path for oscp is eCPPT -> OSCP

So i am thinking to get 4 bundle from elearnsecurity eCPPT+eWAPT+eWAPTx+ePWD

So now i want to know that the things using in hackthebox machines are also in elearnsecurity's labs ? Does eCPPT teach us about GDB , binary exploitation things and many rooting tricks from labs ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member
    Hi, the full syllabus with every single module that's covered in the course is on our website...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Are we having fun yet? UnixGuy's Avatar

Certifications
    GCFA, eJPT, RHCE, Solaris 10, SNIA SCSP, Security+, Server+, ITILv3, CCNA (Expired)
    your strategy is good, eCPPT => OSCP is a great path. Depending on your experience, some people skip eCPPT but I'm a fan of their teaching method.

Having the other web based pentesting certs from eLearnSecurity is also a great idea because OSCP won't teach you much about Web based pentesting and you WILL be asked about it in interviews

I say don't rush, start with eCPPT, see how you go. Learn as much as you can, then do the OSCP and try to get a job in the field. Learning won't stop, you can always go back and do the web based pentest certs from eLearnSecurity or you might work in a company that pays for your SANS training
    Goal: GCFA (DONE), GPEN
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Thanks for the reply.
    My dad promise me to give me money in nov-dec time. Till then i am practicing my skills in HTB machines
    I owned 5 system and 5 users till now there. I wouldn't mind to take those courses from elearnsecurity but i just wanted to know that are we learn many enumeration techniques used in oscp labs ? I become weak when i see smb , rpc ports open as we need to enumerate more to get user details and use further exploit

Like in one HTB machine i saw smb port open and got user detail but didn't get password

Pentesting such ports is really the area i am weak
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks