+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CSA+, CWTS, Storage+, Sec+, A+, N+, Mobility+, MCP, etc.
    [QUOTE=the_Grinch;1127005]A degree definitely will not hurt. At my agency a degree is a minimum if you do not have a ton of experience already (obviously they prefer both). I know a local college near by to be has a two year degree and certificate in computer forensics where you come out with EnCase certification when you are done. Perhaps there is something similar in the UK?[/QUOTE

I have to agree. If you get to a point where working on a reputable degree is something you can swing, even if it's only a class per term to slowly work through it, I highly recommend. Certainly a degree is not the be all, end all, and getting certs is also important - and may be a better beginning in the short term as well. However, a degree is often a baseline requirement for a lot of jobs. I work with a couple talented co-workers who have years of experience, and no degree (and mostly no certs either), but even they fear changing jobs should the need arise due to competing with others with a degree or certs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    Hello,

You can go with EnCase Certs. There are a few people only in the world as EnCaseCertified eDiscovery Practitioner(EnCEP) and one of them was my Forensic teacher from Argentine.

Hope that help!

All the best!
    2018 Year goals:
    CCNA Cyber Ops - Cohort 5.
    CCENT-CCNA [loading..]
    "They say my dream is to big, I say they think to small" Brad Sugars
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    C|EH
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder144 View Post
    Never having used FTK, nor taken any forensics courses, I can't say for sure. I think that a lot of those who are certified do so because the organization they work for has it and they need/want their analysts certified on the tools. Not to mention, some schools that have digital forensics courses will use it and I would imagine that students interested in getting a foot in the forensics door would study for the exam and take it after their semester is over.

I've been doing some research I see that people have recommended getting FTK version 1.81 since that version allowed a trial. Something like 5000 files max for a case.

Now if I could find a place to download it from that i trusted I would try it out.
    Looks like Access Data took down their download in 2014.

However maybe that version is too old to be useful for the cert.
    Free cert but $4000 software required
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Server+, Security+, MCP 70-210, Novell CNA 5.0
    Here is a great article on what you can focus on - https://www.hackread.com/top-7-cyber-forensic-tools/
    2018 goals -> C|EH, CCNA CyberOps (July Cohort 7)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks