+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CEH, ECSA, CHFI, LPT, ENSA, ECSP, ECVP, ECSS, ECIH, ECES, ECSP .Net/Java, RHCE, Cloud, OpenStack, RHCVA, Server Hardening, RHCA, MCP, MCTS, OSCP
    Congrats and Keep Going
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, MCSA, VCA-DCV, ITIL-Foundations
    Thanks for posting. I'm also taking the Offensive Security Kali Linux Pen Testing class and labs. I've been so busy with late nights at work that I got sidetracked. I have many years IT experience but no previous pen testing experience. I finished the videos and have worked along with my test VM. Now that it's my time to start hacking, I don't even know where to begin. The class is all a big blur to me now...event though I have lots of notes.

I've scanned via nmap and got a list of all the lab IPs that are up. I've also scanned the top 20 ports of all the systems. I've tried Metasploit but when I try the command: show auxilary, I get an error. It's been one problem after another. I'm going back to review my notes to see where to begin over.

I'd appreciate any help getting me on track. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    OSCP
    Quote Originally Posted by gphalpin View Post
    Thanks for posting. I'm also taking the Offensive Security Kali Linux Pen Testing class and labs. I've been so busy with late nights at work that I got sidetracked. I have many years IT experience but no previous pen testing experience. I finished the videos and have worked along with my test VM. Now that it's my time to start hacking, I don't even know where to begin. The class is all a big blur to me now...event though I have lots of notes.

I've scanned via nmap and got a list of all the lab IPs that are up. I've also scanned the top 20 ports of all the systems. I've tried Metasploit but when I try the command: show auxilary, I get an error. It's been one problem after another. I'm going back to review my notes to see where to begin over.

I'd appreciate any help getting me on track. Thanks.
    codeninja#8112 < my discord id. come there and i will guide you
    Thanks

Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    OSCP
    Lab time 6 days more left for me and today i started exercise. My plan to do exercises from today to 25 Feb and on 26th and 27th Feb i will review my lab and to do list things.Today done some exercises and now i am o BOF exercise and i will take time on this one

Total machine done 44 so far and almost learned the concept of Pivoting and still learning. My client side weakness problem is still on and because of this 4,5 machines left.

My tip is to get your hands dirty on client side and pivoting techniques and think outside of the box

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    OSCP
    Today is 22 Feb and and my lab will finish on 27 Feb so counting from tomorrow i will then 4 days left only for lab but the main thing is i really learned a lot and enjoying.

As i rooted only 44 machines and was on 45th machines since 4 days then i left it and then started exercises and you know what these exercises really not disappointing us. I started solving exercise for future lab report but i found this is the thing not for lab report only but also for increase our knowledge purpose.

I highly suggest other to purchase 60 days course and take your time on materials atleast 2 to 3 weeks and then jump to solving labs.

As i had experience on solving vulnhub + HTB Machines so i started directly jump on labs but now i see why others said about materials first.

Really we all have weakness on some particular area or areas and from the material we should cover our weakness so that our weakness vanish.

I am really learning lots of things on doing exercises

One thing i also want to suggest of my experience

As i was stuck on 45th machine for 4 days but what i was really not focusing on learning rather than asking solution of that machine. Then my friend said me you are struggling in this machine because you are not focusing on problem.Just take a break and then come to this machine think what's the problem it has and then solve it. So, i appreciate this advice and i will solve that machine at night or may be in morning soon

So, friends please take your time on problems rather then asking solution and if unable to do things just take break and read materials then start again. It really help us a lot of time

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    OSCP
    23 Feb, and still 4 days left to 27Feb which is my last date for OSCP Lab and i have done 90% of exercises and will complete tomorrow. Lots of things in exercise which i learned like client side exploit which is my weakness and still more to learn. Superb day is going on. Yesteday night i also tried again on my 45th machine but failed so now i will again try today night.
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    OSCP
    Tomorrow morning my lab will end and i have done 51 machines and completed exercises. Exam on 8 march. During this journey learned a lot. Superb experience.

Will update my exam review after pass

Future GOAL -> Exploit development +rastalabs+OSCE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security, MSISA, BSBA
    Good luck aakashc1! I think you've done the most lab machines I've seen here.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: eJPT, Learning: Linux/CLI, Git, Python, Pentesting
    Next Up:​ eJPT, eCPPTv2, OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (CLI, Git, Python), eLearnSecurity PTSv3
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, MCP, MCT, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA (R|S), VCP 5.5 DCV, 6.0 DCV, C|EH
    Good luck with the exam, I'm currently working on the courseware and having a blast.

Will you focus on HTB in the run-up to the exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    Interesting reading
    Good luck on your exam..
    I have a question? When you signup for PWK do you get to set the lab start day and exam day? or is the exam automatically 1 week after last lab day?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGHtur View Post
    Interesting reading Good luck on your exam..I have a question? When you signup for PWK do you get to set the lab start day and exam day? or is the exam automatically 1 week after last lab day?
    Hey ARGHtur, You can schedule the exam any day you like in 90 days after your lab ends. also, lab time comes with a complimentary exam attempt best of luck-> Thanks aakashc1 for a great post!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA Cyber Ops, MCSA 2012, MCSA 2008, Security +, Net+, A+
    You go this!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks