+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CEH, CCNA: R&S, eJPT, JNCIS-SEC, CompTIA CSA+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+

Default OSCP - Try harder... again.

My previous lab time slipped away from me. A lot happened in between when I signed up and now, some good and some bad - both in my work life and home life. Everything from role changes to going through the start of a divorce. Now everything is clear and I am ready to go back into it.

I signed up for another 90 days. The lab doesn't feel any different than it did before, so I don't think any of the machines have really changed. On the plus side, I have some real world pentesting experience under my belt now, so hopefully, I can apply what I have learned.

Here we go, round 2!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, PMP, CCNP, FITSP-M
    Sorry to hear, it seems like every time you try to move ahead, an invisible hand reaches out to yank you back. How you deal with it shows your character and it seems your character is to keep plowing ahead.
    2018: CCIE Written (R/S) (done - Jan), CCIE R/S
    After that: MBA, OSCP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    Security+, CCENT
    EANx is 100 percent right! At the end of the day it's not the cert that defines us, it's the path we choose to get the cert that matters. The cert is just a piece of paper, it's what it represents that's truly important; the hardships, the struggles, the training and skill we needed to get it. Someone can steal that paper from us, but that experience and triumph is ours and ours alone, no one can take it from us. Which is why I ultimately end up pitying those who choose to use Dumps, because they'll never taste that feeling we get when we finally get the cert.

NEVER give up!!! Keep trying and always aim to do better!!! Know that this forum believes in you and knows you can DO IT!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Good luck in your pursuit Mooseboost!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, AWS Certified Security - Specialty, Learning Linux & Python
    Next Up:​ AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
    Reading:​ A Cloud Guru, Code Academy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CEH, CCNA: R&S, eJPT, JNCIS-SEC, CompTIA CSA+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+
    Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Spent a good bit of time in the lab yesterday. Managed to get two roots out of the way, Alice and Mike. I'm pretty sure I found a vector on a third host, but I will need to play around with the webapp to get my shell going.

Roots: Alice, Mike.

Overall a pretty good start!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GPEN, CEHv7, Sec+, ITILv3
    Congratulations on the machines dude...Keep at it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Rooted Ralph last night. The exploit was simple but required some information in order to succeed. Information that literally was right there, you just had to look. Rooted him and took the dogs out for a walk before it monsoon rained again. The host I thought would be easy is going to be a bit more tricky. I found a writeup that should cover what I need though. Just a matter of doing it. Hoping to keep this pace up.

Roots: Alice, Mike, Ralph.
    2018 Certification Goals: OSCP
    Blog: https://hackfox.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    What a busy weekend! I took a couple of nights off last week since I will be traveling to Atlanta this week to visit a client. I made up for it this weekend and hit the labs hard. The reward was totally worth it though, 5 new roots and a solid idea of what to do on another one.

The weekend proved to be a learning experience. Do NOT always rely on msfvenom payloads. Sometimes they simply are not the best for the job and will not always result in a stable shell. I keep hearing enumeration echoed from everyone who has been successful in the labs and the exam, this is the true statement. If you don't have a shell, then you haven't enumerated enough. Everything is there, you just have to find it. Record everything you plunder from a box because I can promise you, some of the things you find will come in handy later.

I am hoping the hotels wifi will be good enough to spend a couple of nights in the labs. I am on a roll and don't really want to risk slowing down. I know I won't always be able to slam out roots but I don't want to lose that "rush" that I am feeling!

Roots: Alice, Mike, Ralph, Phoenix, Kraken, Susie, Alpha, Gamma.
    2018 Certification Goals: OSCP
    Blog: https://hackfox.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    OSCP, OSWP, CISSP, CCNA Cyber Ops, Sec+
    Well on your way! Good job!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Pen Testing
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks