+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 First 1234 5678 Last
  1. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    JD, have you listened to CyberSpeak? I'm hooked on the podcast, and I'm nearly through listening to all the past episodes.
    Currently working on: Resting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas_libertas View Post
    JD, have you listened to CyberSpeak? I'm hooked on the podcast, and I'm nearly through listening to all the past episodes.
    Yes, I've listened to some of the episodes and do like it. They are released at irregular intervals, so I tend to forget about it. The same is true with Cyber Crime 101, Forensics 4cast and Inside the Core.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, RHCSA
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    One of my computer forensics instructors was interviewed by Tom Hulce of KNX 1070 AM and talks about the series of computer forensics classes I took with him. It's really just a collection of sound bites, but the information is interesting and accurate.

http://www.csufextension.org/ueeimag...PDF/Andy_S.mp3
    Great clip JD. Thanks for sharing it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, MCP, MCSE, CEH, Security +
    Hey guys, any one who have study material for CHFI? I am taking the exam by November 2011. Please let me know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Quote Originally Posted by xzier View Post
    Hey guys, any one who have study material for CHFI? I am taking the exam by November 2011. Please let me know.
    There's some CHFI talk on this thread: CEH v7 $100 eligibility application fee
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    The August 15, 2011 CyberSpeak podcast has an excellent interview with a CF professional on "the do's and don'ts of testifying in court." Most people think CF is all about searching for evidence on information storage systems. It's also about creating documentation and presenting it in court. It's a must-listen for anyone thinking of going into CF.
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    The August 15, 2011 CyberSpeak podcast has an excellent interview with a CF professional on "the do's and don'ts of testifying in court." Most people think CF is all about searching for evidence on information storage systems. It's also about creating documentation and presenting it in court. It's a must-listen for anyone thinking of going into CF.
    I enjoyed that one as well. VERY interesting. I watched the videos of the forensic investigators testifying at the Cassie Anthony trial.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    I watched the videos of the forensic investigators testifying at the Cassie Anthony trial.
    Hey, post the link(s) for those. I heard the investigator talking about that too and I wanted to watch them. That's the kind of stuff they should have over at www.SecurityTube.net. Somebody needs to make a www.forensicstube.com for sure.
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Last edited by veritas_libertas; 08-19-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    Anyone doubting the value holding certifications can have should watch the first 4'45" of the first video.
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, RHCSA
    Great podcast. Thanks for the link JD. I had watched the testimony of Sandra Osborne and Kevin Stenger, previously. Listening to Jones talk about preparation and perspectives on testimony was quite interesting.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    Digital video forensics--something else for me to throw on my "to learn someday" pile.

Digital Video Forensics On A Shoestring,
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, RHCSA
    Digital video forensics--something else for me to throw on my "to learn someday" pile.

Digital Video Forensics On A Shoestring,

Oh, how the pile grows. I really wish I could learn like Leeloo Dallas Multi-pass does in the 5th Element. Scan and absorb.

Say, Sgt. Gibson is packing his pistol while sitting there at home, isn't he?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    I passed the EnCE (EnCase) written exam and here's my blog article on it: The EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE) Certification Experience | TechExams.net Blogs

I'm taking the EnCE practical exam now and it's kicking my butt so far. Good thing EnCE candidates are given 60 days to chew on it. And I do mean "chew."
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    I passed the EnCE (EnCase) written exam and here's my blog article on it: The EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE) Certification Experience | TechExams.net Blogs

I'm taking the EnCE practical exam now and it's kicking my butt so far. Good thing EnCE candidates are given 60 days to chew on it. And I do mean "chew."
    Do you think the training you took prepared you enough? By the way, I don't know if you have the answer for this or not but, do you know if you need the full version of FTK to take the ACE exam?
    Last edited by veritas_libertas; 08-28-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, GIAC 2700, MCSE:Security, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Security, CCENT, Sec+, Net+, ITIL v3 Foundations
    Congrats JD!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by colemic View Post
    Congrats JD!
    Hold on to that until I pass the second exam and post the EnCE cert in our certificate thread.
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    Do you think the training you took prepared you enough?
    Mostly, but not 100%. I still need to Google and thumb through my forensics books for most of the questions. I'm actually learning a lot about EnCase by taking this exam.

By the way, I don't know if you have the answer for this or not but, do you know if you need the full version of FTK to take the ACE exam?
    From what I have read, the full version of FTK v3 is require to test for the ACE, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I haven't looked at the cert info on Access Data's Web site.
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Mostly, but not 100%. I still need to Google and thumb through my forensics books for most of the questions. I'm actually learning a lot about EnCase by taking this exam.

From what I have read, the full version of FTK v3 is require to test for the ACE, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I haven't looked at the cert info on Access Data's Web site.
    Their site claims you need the full version, but I'm wondering if you actually do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    Are you on LinkedIn? Try asking in one of the computer forensic discussion groups that has FTK discussions. I vaguely remember reading something about FTK v3 and the ACE cert.
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, GPEN, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, Security+, ITIL Foundation, MCP
    Wow, somehow I missed this thread! So many great links - many bookmarked for later review as there's only so many hours...

Thanks to everyone who has posted
    CISSP | GPEN | GCIH | CEH | CHFI | Security+
    BS - InfoSec, Drexel University - Summa Cum Laude
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Are you on LinkedIn? Try asking in one of the computer forensic discussion groups that has FTK discussions. I vaguely remember reading something about FTK v3 and the ACE cert.
    I received some great answers from ForensicFocus

Digital Forensics - Forums - General Discussion - Education and Training - ACE Certification exam --- Requires full version?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    That is a good thread. I'm surprised that the ACE cert would allow the exam candidate to use any other tools than FTK itself. Isn't the ACE to certify the candidate's competency with using FTK? The EnCE is certainly that for EnCase.
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    That is a good thread. I'm surprised that the ACE cert would allow the exam candidate to use any other tools than FTK itself. Isn't the ACE to certify the candidate's competency with using FTK? The EnCE is certainly that for EnCase.
    I think I'm going to try for it between semesters. I've been playing with FTK and it's various tools in demo mode. Commercial Forensic tools are incredibly expensive, and I believe FTK is up around $3,000. Unfortunately in my area is there is no university/college teaching digital forensics. This is why I will probably go down to Atlanta for training at Emory University. The nice thing about the CCE Bootcamp besides the hands on training is the free forensic tools you receive.
    Last edited by veritas_libertas; 08-30-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 First 1234 5678 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks