+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. um yea i know some stuffs demonfurbie's Avatar

Certifications
    mct: 70-680, a+, network+, security+ (comptia tri-force) project+, ciw foundations, ciw javascript something
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Grinch View Post
    In regards to mobile forensics, with the lack of certifications and documentation what are everyone's thoughts on gaining experience and working in that area?

i would suggest picking one type of mobile device and learning everything about it, for me it was android

ios is also a good one

the best way to learn is to do so see if you can hit ebay for an old iphone 3 or something off contract, update the os hide a file on the phone have some one else lock it and see what it takes to get in to it, same can be said with android
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Lots of books on mobile device forensics:

Amazon.com: iphone forensics
    Amazon.com: android forensics

There are also a number of mobile device forensics cert. I was writing up a blog article on them, but never finished it.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    I just noticed that the SANS Investigate Forensic Toolkit (SIFT) Workstation Version 2.1 has "iPhone, Blackberry, and Android Forensic Capabilities" listed as one of its features. Anyone interested in CF should download the ISO (1.5GB) and try it out in VMware Player (free) or Workstation.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Stayed at a Holiday Inn.. the_Grinch's Avatar

Certifications
    BS-CST CISSP GMON MPSC Security+ XRY 1+2+3 XAMN AAA AA
    I have seen the Mobile Forensic books available, but most seemed not as comprehensive as I would have liked. I'd been interested to see what mobile forensic certs are available (wink wink nod nod). I have Mobile Phone Seizure Certification from BKForensics, it was an interesting course.
    WIP:
    MS in Legal Studies - Drexel University
    Mobile Forensics
    Kotlin
    Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member
    would forensics typically include working with law enforecement to read someones "deleted" hard drive?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member YuckTheFankees's Avatar

Certifications
    A few..
    Yes, that could definitely be a job function for CF investigator or analyst.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks