+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+

Default CCNA or security+

Hello I need advise I am interested in network security career, presently iam working as help desk for publishing company. I am almost done with my Bachelors degree computer science and planning for master degree in cyber security, i am working on CCNA cert, should i get Security+ cert also after CCNA or should i just get security+. My experience with network security mostly book knowledge, i use backtrack,metaspoilt on home network. If i get cyber security degree will i get entry level network security job? any suggestions would be great.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    If you specifically want a "network security" job, you'll need to know something about networking then. I would suggest both the CCNA and Security+ (and higher certs) will get your mind and career pointed in the direction you want to go. The Security+ and the CCNA are two very different certifications, so you can get them in any order.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+
    Thank you JDMurray

That really helps to make a decision, I will get CCNA cert, then work on Security+.
    I know that experience is important in IT security job, degree in cyber security will at-least get me a entry level IT security job?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks