+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Netzwerksicherheit Master Of Puppets's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP R&S, CCNP Security
    Thank you very much for the valuable insight! This really is more than a cert and more than a course! It will be much appreciated if you keep us posted on your progress, hutch! On a side note, I can only imagine what a beast the OSCE is.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, OSCP, GWAPT, IAM
    Quote Originally Posted by the_hutch View Post
    Yes, I am paying out of pocket. Just took down my hardest one yet. Its so awesome when you finally crack the challenging ones...the best feeling of accomplishment. This latest one required exploitation of a local file disclosure vulnerability, followed by a pass the hash authentication bypass vulnerability, followed by a well-disguised unrestricted upload vulnerability. All had to be done in sequence to gain full system access. I didn't stop for about 6 straight hours, and managed to crack it.

So now I've only got 6 boxes left, including Pain and Sufferance. My report for the lab network is already over 200 pages long. But planning on taking the test in two weeks. Wish me luck.

Good luck, Justin!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, OSCP, GWAPT, IAM
    The course is a great and I highly recommend it. I am a pentester and I needed to improve my hacking skills. I have done network and web app vulnerability assessments for 7 years, but we didn't get to do penetration testing. When I started my pentesting job last year I need to improve my hacking skills and I started the course. I have taken the exam, but I have yet to pass it.

The OSCP course is not very expensive and especially for the quality of the course. My recommendation would be to take it instead of the CEH, and get an exam simulator for the CEH. By the time you are through the OSCP, with the knowledge gained it probably wouldn't take much time with an exam simulator to pass the CEH.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks