+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: OSCP price?

1. yzT

Certifications
    Security+

Default OSCP price?

I'm trying to find out the price of the OSCP exam, but I can't find it at offensive-security's site, only the price for the Pentesting with Kali Linux course and the price for retake the OSCP. I would like to know what is the price for the first attempt.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    Currently working on: Resting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Netzwerksicherheit Master Of Puppets's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP R&S, CCNP Security
    The certification attempt is included when you take the course. If you want to take it a second time, you have to pay another 60$.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. yzT

Certifications
    Security+
    ohh I thought I had to pay for the course and for the exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    OSCP, eMAPT, eWPT, CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GCIA, GSEC, CEH, CNDA, ECSA, CHFI, Sec+, Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Of Puppets View Post
    The certification attempt is included when you take the course. If you want to take it a second time, you have to pay another 60$.
    Can't beat those prices
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaHax View Post
    Can't beat those prices
    I too think the prices are great for what you get. OSCP is in my far far future plans. Too much on my plate at the moment.
    Last edited by JoJoCal19; 01-28-2014 at 04:29 AM.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+,Proj+,CCNAS,70-680
    I'm only two days into it, but I'm loving it so far.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GWAPT, CEH, GCED, CISA, MCP
    Just finished the videos. The coverage and materials are excellent. I would say similar to SANS GCIH which i took years ago, but better since it is not crammed into 4-5 days. Plus access to the lab environment to actually apply the techniques hands on (not something SANS provides).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    OSCP, eMAPT, eWPT, CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GCIA, GSEC, CEH, CNDA, ECSA, CHFI, Sec+, Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Titanium View Post
    I'm rooting for you man...

Get it? Rooting for you. See what I did there? So clever...

Buh dum bum...cha
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Netzwerksicherheit Master Of Puppets's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Titanium View Post
    Good luck and have a blast! Make sure to give us your thoughts of the PWK when you are a few weeks in. The fact that you are doing PWK makes it even more interesting.

Best of luck to Tom too. I'm sure you guys are going to have a great time throughout this. I really envy you!

@NovaHax - lol..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, GSEC, GCIH, GCFE
    I'm currently reading a C programming book that takes up a lot of my time - But after that I will be tackling OSCP...looking forward to it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. yzT

Certifications
    Security+
    Is C that critical for the OSCP? Pure C or C++ is ok as well?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GWAPT, CEH, GCED, CISA, MCP
    Any programming knowledge/experience will be helpful. C, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc. There is not a strict requirement to use any specific language, and exploits are written/can be written in a variety of languages.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    "Good luck and have a blast! Make sure to give us your thoughts of the PWK when you are a few weeks in. The fact that you are doing PWK makes it even more interesting. "

I intend on doing a complete writeup/review of it

"Get it? Rooting for you. See what I did there? So clever..."

Harhar :P

Thanks guys, so far I've just started on Buffer Overflows. Can't wait to finish the material and start my assault on the labs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by yzT View Post
    Is C that critical for the OSCP? Pure C or C++ is ok as well?
    What I'm doing with C is unrelated to the OSCP certification. That being said, without looking at the syllabus now, I believe shell scripting and Python are used in the course - Maybe Cold Titanium can confirm.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. yzT

Certifications
    Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZblu View Post
    What I'm doing with C is unrelated to the OSCP certification. That being said, without looking at the syllabus now, I believe shell scripting and Python are used in the course - Maybe Cold Titanium can confirm.
    I asked because it wasn't the first time I read that you need to know C in order to have success in the OSCP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    Languages that I used in the course included:

Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, C

Never used C++ or C#. That's not too say that there aren't any exploits out there that are written in C++ or C#. But if there is any, they are rare...because these languages are not nearly as low level as C.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    That being said...most of the script and code modifications you are going to do will be very basic adjustments that don't require you to have a thorough knowledge of any of these languages. You just need to be able to get a general idea of what they are doing.

Most of the changes you will make will include changing hard-coded IP addresses, hard-coded credentials, hard-coded network ports or shell-code substitution. That's about the extent of it. And all of this is going to be pretty much the same in any of those languages. As long as you can spot where to make those changes, you're good.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Good information, thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. yzT

Certifications
    Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaHax View Post
    That being said...most of the script and code modifications you are going to do will be very basic adjustments that don't require you to have a thorough knowledge of any of these languages. You just need to be able to get a general idea of what they are doing.

Most of the changes you will make will include changing hard-coded IP addresses, hard-coded credentials, hard-coded network ports or shell-code substitution. That's about the extent of it. And all of this is going to be pretty much the same in any of those languages. As long as you can spot where to make those changes, you're good.
    I understand that they provide the exploits, right? Because usually exploits out there have parameters to configure that information.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Netzwerksicherheit Master Of Puppets's Avatar

Certifications
    From what I know, they don't give you the exploits. It's up to you to find the one that you need for your specific case - be it on exploitdb or somewhere else google leads you. So you do need to know what you're looking for.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member

Certifications
    MoP is correct. Half of the course if figuring out the best strategy for attack, based on the environment.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GSEC, GCFW, GCIA, GCIH, GWAPT, GAWN, GPEN, GCFE, GCFA, GMON, OSWP, SFCP, SnortCP, Sec+; expired: CCNA (R&S, Security, Wireless), WCNA
    Offensive Security's training strategy is to get students to really think about what they're doing and put things together, not just regurgitating concepts back from a book or two. Real life is often like that where you have to improvise or devise something new just to get seemingly-incompatible elements to work together.

That's hacking. And hacking requires in-depth understanding and some level of imagining beyond the obvious. This is what makes their training so great.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Netzwerksicherheit Master Of Puppets's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by docrice View Post
    Offensive Security's training strategy is to get students to really think about what they're doing and put things together, not just regurgitating concepts back from a book or two. Real life is often like that where you have to improvise or devise something new just to get seemingly-incompatible elements to work together.

That's hacking. And hacking requires in-depth understanding and some level of imagining beyond the obvious. This is what makes their training so great.
    Couldn't agree more! Otherwise, what's the point? This is why offsec courses are so awesome. If they spoon feed you and give you stuff, there would be no point. Trying harder is one of the best parts.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member

Certifications
    Well so far I've finished the course materials and gotten into about 8 boxes including ghost and bob. Woo boy, ghost was fun, and Bob can go die in a fire.

I'd say it has already been worth it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks