+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    ITIL V3 F, ITIL OSA, ITIL ST
    Can you take another security exam in the place of Security +? Might be worth considering if you job is on the line.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    CompTIA CertMaster is a powerful training tool if you like repetitive reinforcement. What I found perhaps most useful was a better sense of the syntax or context of the exam questions. CertMaster is NOT a test simulator or exam, it is clearly a study or review help material. SY0-401 VCE As a broad brush through the content, I found the tool useful. My main objection to CertMaster is the lack of preparation for the simulation and scenario questions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    If you want to pass CompTIA SY0-401 exam. So today download dumps4comptia SY0-401 Dumps. I recently pass the exam at the first attempt with dumps4comptia. It's dumps is most actual and correct answer. I suggest you to download dumps4comptia sy0-401 exam dumps and make sure pass the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Can we please get a mod to ban the dumps spammer?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ACAS,Comp TIA Security +, Novell CNE, HDI Customer Service, ITIL Foundation, MTA
    I agree with #adrenaline19. No forum for you!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Darth Lord of the Sith ITSpectre's Avatar

Certifications
    Sec+, MTA, MCP
    LOL take the OSCP CASP CISSP or any higher certification.... its NOT a scam. its the beginning route to infosec. Most jobs require it and many should.
    What resources did you use?
    When I took my sec+ I used darril gibsons book and professor messer
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, ITILv3, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, MCP, MCSA 2003
    I've heard before that IT certifications are a racket lol, I don't believe that, especially when it comes to higher level certifications, some which involve degrees of vetting and verifications. Sure they cost money, it's an investment in yourself. Companies and hiring managers do look for certs, and having the right certs will open doors.

If you failed an exam twice, look into your study approach. Myself, my ADHD makes it challenging to focus on reading books and I don't retain as much by that method anyway. My best approach is taking practice exams, when I get a question wrong writing out the question, the correct answer, and if present, the explanation. This engages me in the course material and I retain more. Try other approaches, and most importantly, don't give up.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    -->
    necro thread bumped by a spammer
    A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Certifications
    Network+
    I agree with what most everyone else is saying on here.

I understand how you feel. You almost passed the first time... then when you were certain you would knock it out of the park this time it ended up with the opposite result. Of course you are going to be angry, wondering if you are just wasting your time. But trust me you aren't. It's very possible that you just had an off day.

I recently sat for the Network+, I had heard on here how ridiculously difficult it was to pass. So I bought the bundle package with a free test retake (lifesaver). First test, 653. I was very demoralized. I had used many reputable and advisable resources for study. But I buckled down and scheduled a test retake just 4 days later. I didn't want anything slipping my mind from my studies. So for those four days I tirelessly went over areas I felt weak on, notably acronyms. I took practice exams every day and was regularly getting 85 percent or better on them. Then on the day before my test I took a practice exam and scored a 60%. That scared me, but it was too late to reschedule the exam.

I resat for the exam and I purposely slowed down on the questions. When I did that I realized I understood what they were asking for better. I finished the test with 20 minutes to spare and passed with a 740. Not amazing, but enough.

My point is, it is definitely possible to just have a bad day. If you hang in there, study the materials and take the exam while its all fresh on your mind with little to no distractions, you should definitely improve.

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member Registered Member
    Sorry to hear that
    But i wanna know how long you've been working in IT industry
    And what is ur current academic degree?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks