+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Thumbs up Passed Security+

I have been on this site for a while browsing at Security+ reviews and comments, I have to admit when I see posts about people failing it scared me a little and those post encouraged me to study harder. Well today I took the test and pass with a 790, not the best but it got the job done. I have to admit when I hit submit I was absolute certain I failed, but what do you know.

I owe a huge thank you to Professor Messor and Darril Gibson, I didn't purchase any premium content(I don't encourage this, I am just broke) I just made sure I knew and understood the content in his book as a whole and went through the exam objectives one by one. I used crucial exams, exam compass, the practice test on this website, Professor Messors pop quizzes and study group videos. Those helped a lot. I made sure I wasn't memorizing the questions but was trying to memorize/understand the concept behind the question if that makes any sense. Memorizing questions will not help. The test was difficult, I can see now why people were saying that. I couldn't believe it was that difficult until I actually started my test. The performance based questions were not that difficult, as long as you understand the concept of everything on the exam objective, explain it, and can say what is used where or how it is used, I am sure you'd do fine. I had just two sims and 72 questions I can't tell you what the sims were because It would ruin the integrity of the test but I can say do them last flag them and come back also try your best on them and you will do fine. Absolutely take this with a grain of salt, but I think partial credit is given on them, unfortunately CompTIA will not disclose nor confirm this information.

Without any premium content it took me about 2 and a half month to get to a point where practice questions just seemed too easy and I became ready for the next level questions "the test". Just like others I started telling myself why the other answers were wrong or what the other answers meant. Just read re-read, and loads of practice questions and you will be OK.

Oh and don't just breeze over the Business Continuity because it "seems" self explanatory lol actually read, understand and be able to distinguish between each plan and agreement they are gimmies, and I didn't get a lot of port questions maybe one. I can say they don't try and trick you, it is really straight forward though. Thank you everyone in the forum for your posts they gave me great insight, so I decided to share my results. on to the next.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Network+
    Easier than the Net+ huh?

Maybe I'll just get the CCENT and Security+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNET, CCNA R&S, ITIL, MCP, Security+
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, Security+
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    CongratS!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxerboy1168 View Post
    Easier than the Net+ huh?

Maybe I'll just get the CCENT and Security+
    Thank you everyone, and I haven't taken the Network+ this was my first cert. I am still thinking about which exam to take next myself, good luck on either one you choose to take.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    A+ Net+ Sec+
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks