+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+

Default Passed Security+ Today

I'm very happy to say I passed Security+ with a 778. The score wasn't great, but a pass is a pass. The test wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I actually thought Network+ was harder.

I used Darril Gibson's book and information I got from the Cisco SECFND class primarily. The local ISSA chapter held a review class that I went to also, which was helpful. Good luck to all those pursuing it now. If I can do it, you can do it.
    Before I do anything I ask myself, "would an idiot do that?" and if the answer is yes I do not do that thing. Dwight Schrute
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    ACAS,Comp TIA Security +, Novell CNE, HDI Customer Service, ITIL Foundation, MTA
    Good for you! YAY!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNET, CCNA R&S, ITIL, MCP, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyChick View Post
    I'm very happy to say I passed Security+ with a 778. The score wasn't great, but a pass is a pass. The test wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I actually thought Network+ was harder.

I used Darril Gibson's book and information I got from the Cisco SECFND class primarily. The local ISSA chapter held a review class that I went to also, which was helpful. Good luck to all those pursuing it now. If I can do it, you can do it.
    Congrats!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network +, MTA: 98-366, 367,MCP, MCTS Win 7, VCP-DCV, MCSA SERVER 2012, MCTS Hyper-V
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2017: 70-410, 70-411,74-409, MCSA Server 2012r2
    Upcoming: Security +, ITIL FOUNDATIONS, 70-345 Exchange Server 2016, Ccent

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    Congratsss!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. IOCs? What IOCs???!! jcundiff's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CRISC, ITILFv3, PCIP, RSA Archer, MSCE Win2000, A+, N+, Server+, Proj+, eBiz+,iNet+
    Congrats, knew you had this one
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    A+ Net+ Sec+
    Congrats girl!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. There is no spoon. p@r0tuXus's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCNA
    Yaaaayyyyy! Great job.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Server+, Security+, MCP 70-210, Novell CNA 5.0
    Very Very Nice, HI5! Cheers!
    2017 -> Chillaxing & (reading C|EH - Matt Walker)
    2018 -> CCNA CyberOps (July Cohort)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+ce, Server+, Project+, MCSA Server 2008, CCENT, CCNA R&S, CEHv8, CHFIv8, CCNA Security
    Awesome job! What do you plan on tackling next?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CAPM
    Congrats! I agree, Network+ was much harder in terms of where you should be in your knowledge vs the actual test. The jump from A+ to Net+ is huge, but If you have the Net+, you already know like 20% of what you need to pass Sec+.
    "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. Ambition without intelligence is a bird without eyes."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, CCNA RS, CompTIA Security+
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member
    Congrats! I just passed as well
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Just a few...

I actually stated the samething about the N+ exam and some members thought I was crackers : $
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by Infosec85 View Post
    I actually stated the samething about the N+ exam and some members thought I was crackers : $
    I don't think you're crackers.

What @Deus Ex Machina said is right. It is a steep learning curve at first. I also did think the questions on the Sec+ weren't worded as oddly as they were on the Net+ but it could have been my test.

@PCTechLinc - I'm taking the SECOPS class right now so I'll finish that up and test for that and take the SECFND exam. I'm relieved I'm done with the Security+ because I was in the middle of this Cisco series and it was just bothering me I didn't have it done. Besides it was taking up precious brain space, which is in short supply lately.
    Before I do anything I ask myself, "would an idiot do that?" and if the answer is yes I do not do that thing. Dwight Schrute
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Sec+
    Congrats, awesome job!

You got exactly same score as me, 778. How did you feel after seeing your score? Little dissapointed you couldn't get slighty higher? I really wanted to get 800 or above, but a pass is a pass at end of the day.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik 99 View Post
    Congrats, awesome job!

You got exactly same score as me, 778. How did you feel after seeing your score? Little dissapointed you couldn't get slighty higher? I really wanted to get 800 or above, but a pass is a pass at end of the day.
    Yes, I actually was disappointed. I felt like I knew it really well so I thought for sure my score would be higher. I think I got the same exact score on the Net+ too. Guess I'm just a 778 type of girl.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Member
    Congrats! Don't worry about the score, a pass is a pass. That being said, feel free to go back and study any particular subjects that you know you got wrong and that bother you. I know I"ll still generally study (or at least look up) one or two things even after a pass, just because of a nagging feeling that i should haev known said information, and wanting to fix that lack.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member
    Yes, I actually was disappointed. I felt like I knew it really well so I thought for sure my score would be higher. I think I got the same exact score on the Net+ too. Guess I'm just a 778 type of girl.
    Better than a 728 type of girl
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member Registered Member
    Congratulations on your security exam. I'm in the United States Air Force and my my exam is in two days is there anything that you can tell me that stood out in the exam that I can brush up on I'm really nervous and how were the simulations in the beginning of the test
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNET, CCNA R&S, ITIL, MCP, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickcityrican1 View Post
    Congratulations on your security exam. I'm in the United States Air Force and my my exam is in two days is there anything that you can tell me that stood out in the exam that I can brush up on I'm really nervous and how were the simulations in the beginning of the test
    Have you purchased Darril Gibson's premium content? It wasn't much money and it is very good. Since you're military, look at FedVTE for their training videos. I liked the Security+ video much better than the Cryarby video....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member Registered Member
    Thank you, i'm just really nervous. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan right now, and it's difficult to study with everything going on over here, but it is what it is thank you for your assistance. Have a blessed day.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member Registered Member
    congrats can you tell a little about the tests? if you can remember was there any questions on subnetting?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by denise23 View Post
    congrats can you tell a little about the tests? if you can remember was there any questions on subnetting?
    Hi. No I did not have any subnetting questions on the test. Without going in to much detail, just focus on the practical side of security and know the things that you would really have to do on-the-job (firewalls, security controls, etc). I really thought the test was straight-forward. Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickcityrican1 View Post
    Thank you, i'm just really nervous. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan right now, and it's difficult to study with everything going on over here, but it is what it is thank you for your assistance. Have a blessed day.
    I just saw this. How did you do?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks