+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Question Passed Server+, would Security+ be a good next step?

Hey everyone,

I passed the Server+ today with an 858/900. And man I have the CERT BUG right now! Hope it's not all gone to my head, but I'm feeling pretty proud, and well...I am more motivated than I have ever been to impress the boss and start working towards the next big thing! (apparently a small yet appreciated raise is coming my way now I've got the server+, but why not throw in a few more for good measure)

I want to jump right in to my next one but I also want to have a fairly easy go of it, do you think Security+ would be a good next step? I want to avoid Net+ for now, I started studying for this one about 6 months ago and found the material very difficult. I will get it in time, I'd just prefer not immediately - struggled big time with the subnet questions on the server+ today, blah. Want to get a few other certs under my belt first.

For those of you that have taken both - which one was more challenging? Is there quite a bit of overlap?

I'm currently a desktop technician. Would love to get a job as a sysadmin.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, Server+
    CompTIA recommends taking network+ before Security+ as a lot of the information overlaps. It won't hurt to check out a Security book from the library to get a feel for the material.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+| Net+| Sec+
    I would recommend you to take the network+ before security+, trust me it will make more sense.

If you want to land in sysadmin job go for MCSA windows server.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Since the material was difficult in the beginning for you I would go network+ then security+. Security+ assumes you understand basic networking and security fundamentals which it tests you on so you need the Net+ info. Don't over study or overthink it. A win is a win wither by an inch or a mile.

Congrats on the pass.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks