+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    Security +

Default Passed the SYO - 401

Took my test today, passed with 784. I’m so happy I passed it at the first attempt. This is also my first ever certification exam and I have zero hands-on experience although I do have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science. All I used was Darill Gibson’s book along with practice questions on exam-compass. I only had two performance based questions and 70 in total. The exam is significantly harder than the practice questions, but as long as you know the material, you would be fine. Guys I need advice on which cert to do next for someone like me who wants to work in the infosec field
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on passing the exam first and foremost!! Great job

To answer your question it depends on what part you want to do pentesting, network security, etc. as each one has certifications tailored to their specific skill sets and criteria. I would suggest to get you started and narrow down your scope to take a look at the following certs: CEH, CHFI, CISSP, and GCIH. There are more than these but these come off the top of my head.

You might also consider checking out the InfoSec threads on TE for more direction. Best of luck in your future goals and career!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    Security +
    Alright I would research on them. Thanks a lot and best of luck too
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Darth Lord of the Sith ITSpectre's Avatar

Certifications
    Sec+, MTA, MCP
    Congrats on the pass +1 rep for being the Lord of the Empire!!!! my fearless leader
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    Security +
    Thanks a lot guys
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS Information Systems, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
    Congrats on your pass. I plan on taking the Security+ in a couple of months. I'd like to use Transcenders as the practice exam though since the Transcenders questions are usually harder than the actual test.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Vader View Post
    Took my test today, passed with 784. I’m so happy I passed it at the first attempt. This is also my first ever certification exam and I have zero hands-on experience although I do have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science. All I used was Darill Gibson’s book along with practice questions on exam-compass. I only had two performance based questions and 70 in total. The exam is significantly harder than the practice questions, but as long as you know the material, you would be fine. Guys I need advice on which cert to do next for someone like me who wants to work in the infosec field
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network +, MTA: 98-366, 367,MCP, MCTS Win 7, VCP-DCV, MCSA SERVER 2012, MCTS Hyper-V
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2017: 70-410, 70-411,74-409, MCSA Server 2012r2
    Upcoming: Security +, ITIL FOUNDATIONS, 70-345 Exchange Server 2016, Ccent

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISA CISM CASP CIH CEH CHFI ECSA CNDA CCDA CWTS ITIL Network+ A+
    I recommend you get some foundational IT security skills first. You must have 5 years of experience to qualify as a CISSP so no need to take that exam right now. You can take the ISC2 SSCP and wait until you have 5 years of experience for the CISSP. I recommend you begin to understand Linux and Window Operating systems. You can get some of the in A+ , Linux+, and Microsoft OS courses or certifications. After you learn basic operating systems and hardware, then move to network+ and get a good understanding of networking. Then after some experience, learn how to secure systems and networks by learning to to hack some. I hope this helps.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Darth Lord of the Sith ITSpectre's Avatar

Certifications
    Sec+, MTA, MCP
    I would brainstorm to see What part of Infosec you want to be in. Do your research. But I would recommend getting you CCNA and MCSA. I would skip Linux + and just get the book and learn the material and not take the exam. A+ is really for field techs honestly... learning components of a PC etc.. I would get Net+ before CCNA though.. So i would recommend your path to be something like

Net+, CCNA, MCSA, CASP, then go from there....
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNET, CCNA R&S, ITIL, MCP, Security+
    Congrats Lord Vader
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks