+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bundle Discount

1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Bundle Discount

Does anyone have/know of a 10% discount code for the Security+ bundle that's priced at $397 right now? I was thinking the re-test option would be worth it if it was only about $90 more than the single test option.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Ph.D Candidate, MA, BA, CASP, Security+, Project+, Network+, Mobility+, CCNA-Security, CCENT
    Try this one:

10% Discount Code for CompTIA Certification Exam Vouchers | Pearson IT Certification

I think you have to enter under Coupon Code.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adamj2281 View Post
    Does anyone have/know of a 10% discount code for the Security+ bundle that's priced at $397 right now? I was thinking the re-test option would be worth it if it was only about $90 more than the single test option.
    No luck, I may just have to pass the first time
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    No luck with any of the codes, which sucks, because a $85 or so difference makes it a bit easier to swallow, $110 just to make sure i don't fail the first time is harder to stomach. Unless of course, I do fail the first time and have to cough up another $275.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, CSA+, CASP
    I had the same line of thinking as you when I was doing Sec+. I don't think any discount codes work for the bundle because CompTia advertises it as a "49% savings". Therefor the discount is already included. If you have an .edu email you can get the academic discount that drops the voucher price to around $200 if memory serves me correctly. That is for one voucher only though. They do not offer the bundle on the academic page.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    If you have an .edu email address it is $203.00 for the single test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Passed - didn't need the backup but oh well, it's a writeoff I guess. Scored a 802:

-No IT security background (just a basic systems engineer working mostly on Electronic Security Systems)
    -Read Gibson's boook
    -Watched Professor Messor videos/listened to podcasts
    -Took every practice exam I could get my hands on - Professor Messor, Gibson, etc.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    Fantastic!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    The next exam up is CISSP, which I'll take a class for, any suggestions on books, etc. to get started?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, CSA+, CASP
    That's great! Congrats. I also bought the bundle for Sec+ and didn't need the extra voucher either. I was a little poo-poo about spending the money too but better safe than sorry. I don't have anything to add concerning CISSP but good luck reaching for the stars.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks