+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    21
    #1

    Default Suggestions needed

    I have been studying the material for the Sec+ exam on and off since November and I feel pretty good about things, but I haven't done a lot of practice tests. For the A+ I used Cert Blaster and loved it for simulation practice and for the questions I like Comptia's CertMaster. I want something that tracks which area I need to study, not just random sec questions. Any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member scaredoftests's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    2,109

    Certifications
    ACAS,Comp TIA Security +, Novell CNE, HDI Customer Service, ITIL Foundation, MTA
    #2
    Utilize Darril Gibson's online resources and book. An worthwhile investment.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    21
    #3
    Thanks. I am already doing that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member scaredoftests's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    2,109

    Certifications
    ACAS,Comp TIA Security +, Novell CNE, HDI Customer Service, ITIL Foundation, MTA
    #4
    That alone will help you. I aced the exam the second time I took it.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    21
    #5
    Thanks for the reminder, I already have it but now I am using it. There are definitely some areas that I am having problems with. I have been studying for a while now, but I have a feeling I will spend 80% of the remaining time I have focusing on 20% of the material. For some reason I am feeling more stressed about the exam than other certs. I bought the comptia re-take bundle to ease my stress. If I know I have a re-take I am much more likely to take it early, especially since the 401 expires soon. I am hoping to take it in a couple of weeks and then do it again before the end of feb if I need to take it a second time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    48
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BUGFREE View Post
    I have been studying the material for the Sec+ exam on and off since November and I feel pretty good about things, but I haven't done a lot of practice tests. For the A+ I used Cert Blaster and loved it for simulation practice and for the questions I like Comptia's CertMaster. I want something that tracks which area I need to study, not just random sec questions. Any suggestions?
    I think the darril gibson android app is for you. 8 bucks off of the play store. You can take a full test if you like, or just test the individual domains. THAT will tell you which domains to review.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks