+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, ProofPoint, Security+

Default Just passed SY0-401 and here are my thoughts

I just got home from the exam and let me tell you, it was tough! I passed with a 759 so i'll take it but it was a very confusing test. Almost like it was written by Dr.Suess or something. What I used to study was of course the Darril Gibson book as well as his online premium content.
    His online content was very helpful. Another good site for practice exams that turned out to be wordy and similar to the real thing can be found at exam-labs.com/exam/SY0-401. Using these practice questions along with the Gibson website practice questions was extremely helpful. You need to know his book inside and out though.
    Why an answer is right and why an answer is wrong etc.
    Well hope this helps you guys. Whew! so glad this test is over.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF Win10 (70-698)
    Congrats! What's next for you?
    2018 Goal: 70-740
    2019 Goals: 70-741, 70-742 (MCSA: Windows Server 2016)

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, ProofPoint, Security+
    I am going to knock out CEH next and then figure out where to go from there.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. D20

Certifications
    A+, MCP
    Congrats!
    Gonna take my 220-902 April and then start studying for my Sec +
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, Cloud+, CySA+, CASP, EMCISA, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by BTuck2112 View Post
    I just got home from the exam and let me tell you, it was tough! I passed with a 759 so i'll take it but it was a very confusing test. Almost like it was written by Dr.Suess or something.
    Amen, brother! The 401 version tests you more on your ability to dissect questions like a lawyer than on your knowledge of the technical stuff.

What I used to study was of course the Darril Gibson book as well as his online premium content.
    His online content was very helpful. Another good site for practice exams that turned out to be wordy and similar to the real thing can be found at exam-labs.com/exam/SY0-401. Using these practice questions along with the Gibson website practice questions was extremely helpful. You need to know his book inside and out though.

Quote Originally Posted by BTuck2112 View Post
    Why an answer is right and why an answer is wrong etc.
    This. I think the average dude/dudette will be better off with a smaller study book and two realistic practice exams, than all the textbook material in the world.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    CNE NetWare 3/4/5.x, MCP, Security+
    Thanks for all the specific feedback, all. I know the numbers taking this exam are dwindling, but this is helpful for those of us who are still trying to squeeze it in before August.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    I am going to take the security+ SYO-501 exam can anyone help me on the questions and answers ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks