+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: New Exam !!

Certifications
    VTSP, CCNA, MCP NT 4.0, MCTS 70-640
    Will the old certification be expired when the new becomes available? I know that Microsoft retires certifications, but do not know if CompTIA does. If they do not, why wait for the new cert?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    If you pass the current version or the new version you will still hold the cert for life. The old test will be phased out and you will have to take the new updated test if you have not already taken it, when ever that is announced.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    C|EH, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003-2008-2012, MCP, MCTS, MS 74-409, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, CCNP
    Here is what it said in the survey that I got in my email
    CompTIA is launching an updated CompTIA Security+ (2008 edition) exam in October. Some employers require continuing education or recertification for their employees at specific intervals.

We would like your input on the need in the CompTIA Security+ certified market for an additional exam solely covering the differences between the last CompTIA Security+ exam and the newly updated exam. The exam would consist of approximately 40 questions. Passing the exam would bring the skills of those already certified in CompTIA Security+ up to date, and would result in certification in CompTIA Security+ (2008 Edition).

CompTIA regularly performs exam maintenance to keep our certifications relevant and up-to-date. Currently, CompTIA is developing an updated CompTIA Security+ exam. Some employers recommend or require continuing education or recertification for their employees at prescribed intervals. We would like your input on the need for an upgrade path for professionals certified in the current version of the exam. This would offer certified professionals the option to take an additional exam to become certified on the new CompTIA Security+ objectives, but would not impact the status of any certifications. CompTIA Security+ certification will still be valid for life.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCTS (70-620)
    The 2008 Objectives are now available on the CompTIA website. Just grabbed myself a copy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    C|EH, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003-2008-2012, MCP, MCTS, MS 74-409, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, CCNP
    Thanks! I just downloaded them myself. Depending on the price of the update exam I might take this. Mostly looks the same but I like that they added to the organizational policies.
    6.4 Identify and explain applicable legislation and organizational policies.
    • Secure disposal of computers
    • Acceptable use policies
    • Password complexity
    • Change management
    • Classification of information
    • Mandatory vacations
    • Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
    • Due care
    • Due diligence
    • Due process
    • SLA
    • Security-related HR policy
    • User education and awareness training
    Nobody where I live disposes of computers in a proper manner, they all end up at the dump and they don't sanitize the media *facepalm*
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks