+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: New Exam !!

Certifications
    CETma, A+, Net+, Server+, Inet+, Linux+, HTI+, DHTI+, Security+, eBiz+, RFID+, CCTT, CFOS/T, CCNT, CCST III

Default New Exam !!

I just got this word from CompTIA (my school is an E2C partner).
    The new version of the exam is scheduled to launch in October of 2008.
    I'm working on getting a copy of the new objectives and I will let all know when these are available. I'm going to a meeting on April 15 to get further details on the launch/retirement.

News as it arrives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Good news. The current one seems to be quite dated. Thanks for the update.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Svr+, Sec+, CCNA, MCSE:S, MCITP:EA, 236
    I read some where awhile ago they were meeting to discuss updating it. Too late, already passed :^), today!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    Check the Sig
    Thanks for the word on Security+ exam.

I need to take before October because my timeline was set around August. I should be ok.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    Sounds good... I wonder if they will need beta testers...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, Server+, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2008, Google Certified Associate - G Suite Administrator
    About time!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    I wasn't planning on doing any more certs for a few months, but I guess I need to hurry up and take it. Last exam I need for MCSE:Security.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 3/22/2017 - Passed Microsoft 70-412; 2/11/2017 - Completed VCP6-DCV (passed 2V0-621)
    Working on: MCSA 2012 upgrade from 2003 (to heck with 2008!!), more Linux, AWS Solution Architect (Associate)
    Thinking about: VCP6-CMA, MCSA 2016, Python, VCAP6-DCD (for completing VCIX)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, 70-210, 70-215, 70-218
    Thanks for the info.

I was about to get back in to the cert thing and Security+ looked like something very useful. I am sure I can pass the test before October but would rather wait for the updated test to be more current.

I have 3 M$ test that I can work on till next year anyway.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Default Khaled Djib

nice one man thks a lot 4 the update
    lets us know if u get any more

i appreciate
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CETma, A+, Net+, Server+, Inet+, Linux+, HTI+, DHTI+, Security+, eBiz+, RFID+, CCTT, CFOS/T, CCNT, CCST III
    I have a copy of the new objectives. PM me with an email addy and I will forward them to anyone that is interested.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT from OIT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, SECURITY+, MCITP: SQL SRVR 2008, CISA
    Quote Originally Posted by supertechCETma
    I have a copy of the new objectives. PM me with an email addy and I will forward them to anyone that is interested.
    Thanks man, got your e-mail, looked at the new objectives as well. It seems they have added a lot of new stuff, but nothing you wouldn't come across in real world.

I have been preparing of the Security+ for some time now and plan to take the current version exam pretty soon.

You know for sure the objectives are not going to be in effect until october 2008. Only reason I ask this is because I don't want to have to prepare for the exam all over again, neither do I want to appear for the exam all prepared with the old objectives.

Your input will be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    Is it worth to take the sec+ exam now, or should i wait for them to update!!?... what about the network+ is it worth taking it now!? cuz i bought some books to try and pass it on the next 2 months!

I was thinking in getting the security+ certification in july or something but Ill guess ill wait for the update, but are any news about updating network+ also?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by maumercado
    Is it worth to take the sec+ exam now, or should i wait for them to update!!... what about the network+ is it worth taking it now!?
    Don't hesitate and wait for "updates". Take the exam when you are ready.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    Heres a link regarding network+ update
    http://www.jerm.com/blog-1254-CompTI...tification.htm

supertechCETma could you post a link for more information on the security+ certification? or maybe to the certifications objectives?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+,Security+,MCP(XP), Dell Certified
    thanks for posting that link maumercado, I contacted CompTIA no more than a couple months ago and their response to me was that there were no plans to update the Network+ test
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    Thanks Valke!! so i guess im doing the network+ exam, and wait till they update the security+ exam and take the new version!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+,Security+,MCP(XP), Dell Certified
    I plan on taking the Net+ exam in the next month or so anyway, so I guess I lucked out with not having to study new material over again.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    so I guess I lucked out with not having to study new material over again.
    That what I was worried about, whats the point of taking a cert that it will be updated in a few months...

Im thinking in taking it in the beginning of june, since there are no updates planned for network+ this year or the next apparently, and begin self studying security+ as soon as updated material is launched and the cert updated also!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    I have just contacted Comptia, they say they have no information regarding these updates on network+ and security+ they say theyre not planning any changes in the next 8 months! thats this year!

mm supertechCETma could you send me an email with the information on the sec+ update please!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA:2008, VCP4/5, CCA (XS), MCITP: EA/VA, MCSE, MCSA, Linux+, Security+, Server+, A+
    I basically don't trust any news articles date April 1st. It is an absolutely horrible day to look at any news, because there is always fall-out from pranks for the next several weeks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA 2k3 (270/290/291/293), Sec+, Net+, Server+, A+, Cert. in EE
    I have called Comptia today about the Security+ test and they told me that there were no plans to update as of this time and even if they did, the current test will still be in effect for at least 7-8 months.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Dear All,

I base this information on communications with Carol Balkcom, Product Manager, CompTIA Security+, RFID+, Linux+. I am a little more plugged into CompTIA than most.

If you don't choose to believe it, fine. A Skills Development meeting is scheduled for April 15th. I should have more info at that time... if you choose to believe it, or not.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supertechCETma
    if you choose to believe it, or not.
    Right... You expect me to believe that someone named "Super Tech", who has a boatload of CompTIA certifications, is a reliable source for CompTIA information?

What's next? Mike being a reliable source of Cisco information? Outrageous!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    A Skills Development meeting is scheduled for April 15th
    From comptia webpage:

CompTIA is currently seeking Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to provide assistance in an Item Development Workshop for a new CompTIA Security+ exam. Item Development is the phase of exam development when the questions for the exam are written. The workshop is taking place Feb. 11-15, 2008. This step is part of an ongoing development process that is necessary to ensure the validity of the exam. Assistance from SMEs is crucial to the relevance and quality of the program.

CompTIA is currently seeking Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to provide assistance in the CompTIA Network+ Item Development Workshop. Item Development is the phase of exam development when the questions for the exam are written. The workshop is taking place on May 12-16, 2008 at our headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. This step is part of an ongoing development process that is necessary to ensure the validity of the exam. Assistance from SMEs is crucial to the relevance and quality of the program.
    An email I received from comptia about the matter:

Dear Mauricio,

Thank you for your email.

At this time, we do not have any notification of a change with the Network+ exam. The Security+ exam will be upgraded in October 2008. The current Security+ exam (2007) edition will retire on April 30, 2009. More information about the Security+ exam will be on the website next month.

Regards,

CompTIA

Skills Development Customer Service Team

630-678-8300

FAX 630-268-9071

(cac)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCTS(Vista)
    thanks for the update folks!!!

looks like I will need to get my butt into gear...lol