+ Reply to Thread
  1. Are we having fun yet? UnixGuy's Avatar

Certifications
    GCFA, eJPT, RHCE, Solaris 10, SNIA SCSP, Security+, Server+, ITILv3, CCNA (Expired)

Exclamation Sec+ 2007 or 2008, and bridge exam

I was just checking CompTIA Security+ website to see which version should I take, and I found that there's a bridge exam for those having Sec+ 2007.

http://certification.comptia.org/sec...ridgeexam.aspx

They don't say if the update is mandatory, and I'm really confused if I should go for Sec+ 2007 or 2008 objectives, as the material I have (both Sybex & Syngress books) covers 2007 objectives.

Any advice ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, i-Net+, CCNA Security, CCENT, MCITP:EST, MCDST, MCTS:Vista, HDI/CSR, HDI/SCA, HDI/DST, Apple, Dell
    I was under the impression that the bridge exam is meant for those that must recertify every year because they work in a field that requires CompTIA Security+ certification status to be up to date, some positions such as those for government or DoD are like that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Are we having fun yet? UnixGuy's Avatar

Certifications
    GCFA, eJPT, RHCE, Solaris 10, SNIA SCSP, Security+, Server+, ITILv3, CCNA (Expired)
    but CompTIA says that Sec+ 2007 retires on Retires Jul. 31, 2009

what does this mean ? does it mean that people with sec+ 2007 are no longer considered certified after July 31, 2009 ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, i-Net+, CCNA Security, CCENT, MCITP:EST, MCDST, MCTS:Vista, HDI/CSR, HDI/SCA, HDI/DST, Apple, Dell
    No, once you pass a CompTIA certification, you are certified for life. What the statement means is that when the CompTIA exam retires, that particular exam will no longer be available to be taken.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Are we having fun yet? UnixGuy's Avatar

Certifications
    I see. Now we have both Sybex and Syngress books for old sec+ material at the company. I will see if they can buy the new material, I think it's better to get the updated material.

I'm half way through in Syngress book, but I want the new material, I downloaded the objectives, and it's just the "Assessment and Audits" domain added. Even if I don't get new material, I think I google this material and read online.

I'm working out multiple choice questions in both Sybex and Syngress books and they're not bad at all for a review so far. I did the same for Server+ & CCNA, I used the multiple choice practice questions in Sybex book and they were good and helped in memorizing things, even though exam questions were different, they still helped.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks