+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH
    I will remember that. So its 9:40 EST! I am leaving around 11:30 EST to get something to eat and during that time I will boot up my droid to read some exam overviews for like chapter 7 and 5. Then I will leave the place were I will be eating at around 12:15 and get to the place at 12:30. Exam starts at 1:00!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Sec+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCTS, MCITP:VA, VCP5, MCSA 2012, MCSE Private Cloud, MCSE Server Infrastructure, C|EHv7, RHCSA, OSCP, GCIH, OSWP
    Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Quote Originally Posted by higherho View Post
    I will remember that. So its 9:40 EST! I am leaving around 11:30 EST to get something to eat and during that time I will boot up my droid to read some exam overviews for like chapter 7 and 5. Then I will leave the place were I will be eating at around 12:15 and get to the place at 12:30. Exam starts at 1:00!!!!!!!!!!!

You got this! Remember to take your time to R-E-A-D and use process of elimination.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    Good luck, and just read carefully and you will be fine!

Force yourself to re-read every question and review them at the end before submitting. Sometimes this can be hard because you are quite confident you knew most of them and only review the marked ones, but don't! Review ALL of them, simply because it will give you a second look at each question to make sure you don't make those silly mistakes that we all love to make.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Quote Originally Posted by superman859 View Post
    Good luck, and just read carefully and you will be fine!

Force yourself to re-read every question and review them at the end before submitting. Sometimes this can be hard because you are quite confident you knew most of them and only review the marked ones, but don't! Review ALL of them, simply because it will give you a second look at each question to make sure you don't make those silly mistakes that we all love to make.

I didn't do that....but I did read a lot of the questions twice (sometimes three times). There weren't too many answers that looked like it could be this one or that one.

When I hit submit, I knew I passed, just didn't think it would be so high. (I thought it'd be a 800 or something.)

When you see your test tomorrow, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. This isn't a Microsoft or Cisco exam (believe me).

The hardest CompTIA exam (Security+) is the one I did the best at. The "easiest" like A+/Network+....no where near aced....but not borderline pass/fail either.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH
    I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!! I might make another thread so everyone knows :P

I got an 800 (88%). The wording on the questions were so bad. I double checked my work thats for sure.

now back to my cisco studies hehe.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!! I might make another thread so everyone knows :P

I got an 800 (88%). The wording on the questions were so bad. I double checked my work thats for sure.

now back to my cisco studies hehe.

Told ya!!! Hope your other federal/DoD buddies are watching! Darril Gibson is the man!

Congratulations!! Now add Security+ to your certifications.

Just pay it forward man.....don't just pass and bounce....help and offer whatever you can so your other DoD buddies can see it is possible to pass with just this one book! LOL.

BTW, your pecentage is actually 89%! Don't short change yourself.
    Last edited by erpadmin; 10-22-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH
    Quote Originally Posted by erpadmin View Post
    Told ya!!! Hope your other federal/DoD buddies are watching! Darril Gibson is the man!

Congratulations!! Now add Security+ to your certifications.

Just pay it forward man.....don't just pass and bounce....help and offer whatever you can so your other DoD buddies can see it is possible to pass with just this one book! LOL.

BTW, your pecentage is actually 89%! Don't short change yourself.

I will help them I told them all about the book! ooo an 89?! sweet thanks for the clarification! I will add the cert to my account right now!

It seems I have to wait 5 days for the online system on CompTIAs website to register that I passed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    Comptia A+, Network +, Security +
    Congrats. Yeah the wording of the questions seemed to be encrypted.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCDP, MCSA, Security +. Network +, A+
    Congrats, a job well gone
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Command Line Ninja Chris:/*'s Avatar

Certifications
    NSTISSI (4012 & 4011), eCPPT, CEH, CHFI, EDRP, CWSP, CWNA, RHCSA, VCP 3, G2700, GSEC, CIW:SP:WFA, Security+, Network+, A+
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH
    Thank you

I should first get the Net + before I pre-sue my CCNA (well I just need to refresh my self since I went through the academy) since I can get that for life too. Does DG have a Network + book?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thank you

I should first get the Net + before I pre-sue my CCNA (well I just need to refresh my self since I went through the academy) since I can get that for life too. Does DG have a Network + book?

LMAO......

No he does not.

What is JUST as good though is the Mike Meyers All-In-One books (not the Passport books....the big mamma-jammas.) It's what I used to get mine (my last job paid for them when I was there....). I used his books (and Transcenders) for the A+ and Network+.

But DG, by far, has the best certification guide I have ever read for certification prep....it didn't feel like I actually read the book....and not just because I read it on an e-book reader, either....but the Mike Meyers books will also get you a pass for Network+.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    Thank you

Sounds like a plan. Grab Net+ before the end of the year. I also used the Mike Meyers All-In-One Net+ and thought it was an enjoyable, easy to read book. There was actually more I had to study for Net+ than Sec+ due to lack of experience with a lot of it, but I really enjoyed that book.

It'll be good preparation to get you in the right mindset for that CCNA, and from what I hear about 75% of Net+ is on the CCNA anyways (plus a ton of Cisco stuff) so it'll get you a head start.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH
    I love this board Very nice people and a lot of information! My goal is to get my CCIE before I am 32.

Quote Originally Posted by superman859 View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Grab Net+ before the end of the year. I also used the Mike Meyers All-In-One Net+ and thought it was an enjoyable, easy to read book. There was actually more I had to study for Net+ than Sec+ due to lack of experience with a lot of it, but I really enjoyed that book.

It'll be good preparation to get you in the right mindset for that CCNA, and from what I hear about 75% of Net+ is on the CCNA anyways (plus a ton of Cisco stuff) so it'll get you a head start.

Thank you Superman I will check those books out. I took my CCNA in the summer and I got a 780 on it and I needed 820 to pass (all in one test). I only paid 70 bucks to take the exam. I used up all my time on sim questions and got nervous (was my very first cert test). I also missed the last 5 questions because of time. So I think because of me going through the network academy (thats how I got the voucher for the CCNA) and studies the Net+ will be much easier for me and at the same time refresh my mind on CCNA at the same time.

I still have to review because I security plus i needed first. The major thing I have to review is subnetting, its not difficult and I used to practice everyday and had it memorized but after a few months of not doing it you tend to forget a couple of tricks.
    Last edited by higherho; 10-23-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks