+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    I'm going to try to do it in two weeks. Tonight is my last final for spring term and I have two weeks until summer term starts. I'm going to read through the book once per week, so a total of twice. I'll also do practice exams too. I'm taking finance this term and it's the hardest class in the degree (Business Administration) so I see my cert study time being greatly reduced and I really want my CISSP by the end of June.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    [Reserved]
    What of your professional experience? Without professional experience, you won't be able to attain the CISSP, only the associate of (isc)2.

Of course, if you have the professional experience, and it is just not obvious from your post, then pardon me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by instant000 View Post
    What of your professional experience? Without professional experience, you won't be able to attain the CISSP, only the associate of (isc)2.

Of course, if you have the professional experience, and it is just not obvious from your post, then pardon me.
    No worries, I have 4.5+ solid years of more than half of security domains required. I also have a college degree plus I will have the Security+ so that will knock off 1 year of the 5 years required of experience. I also know several people that will be able to give me the endorsement.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member jwashington1981's Avatar

Certifications
    B.S. Network Security, CCNA, Security +
    My studying was so sporadic though. I would read from my study guide one day and then wouldn't touch it for a while. When it came down to the wire and I purchased my vouchers at the end of March and scheduled it for April 28th, I probably studied for 1 to 2 weeks before I was scheduled to take the exam. At the same time, I was also studying for the CCNA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    NSTISSI (4012 & 4011), eCPPT, CEH, CHFI, EDRP, CWSP, CWNA, RHCSA, VCP 3, G2700, GSEC, CIW:SP:WFA, Security+, Network+, A+
    Studied A+ for about a month or two.
    Studied Network+ for about two weeks.
    Studied for Security+ for about two weeks.

Took Network+ and Security+ test the same week.
    I had a solid 4 years of experience in networking and administration before I took these exams though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    [Reserved]
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    No worries, I have 4.5+ solid years of more than half of security domains required. I also have a college degree plus I will have the Security+ so that will knock off 1 year of the 5 years required of experience. I also know several people that will be able to give me the endorsement.
    Cool.

I only had the Security+ prior to going for the CISSP myself (still pending final word from ISC2, as you can see from my profile, as I'm only Associate still).

Of course, experience is the biggest thing you need for it, honestly. I don't want to call the exam easy, as I'm not sure what I scored on it, but it is definitely achievable ... just a lot of material, that's the part that makes it a little scary to many.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, SSCP, CompTIA Security+, Network+
    I work in the industry about 2.5 years before I started studying for my Network+. I studied for about 2-3 weeks and passed.

This Security+ stuff is kicking my butt though, just not used to the tests anymore I guess.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by instant000 View Post
    Cool.

I only had the Security+ prior to going for the CISSP myself (still pending final word from ISC2, as you can see from my profile, as I'm only Associate still).

Of course, experience is the biggest thing you need for it, honestly. I don't want to call the exam easy, as I'm not sure what I scored on it, but it is definitely achievable ... just a lot of material, that's the part that makes it a little scary to many.
    Yea that's one reason I want the Security+ first, as I think it would be a good prep to cover the bases, and then I can get into the more detailed CISSP info. At $500+ each test, it's not something I can afford to be repeating.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    Depends. Was able to get Network+ in 2 weeks and Security+ a week after that. Studied a couple of hours a day and about 6-7 hours on weekends.

Get the right material, do practice exams. You'll be fine. They were both pretty easy IMO.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member YuckTheFankees's Avatar

Certifications
    A few..
    wow, you woke up one of my 1st threads. Good times.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS in IT (Info Sec and Net Admin) Security+, Network+
    Hello All,

I studied for Sec+ for about a month and I took the test two days ago. I passed with an alright score

I used CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Authorized Exam Cram by three different authors that I can recall their names now. Also, watched professor messer vid on youtube which were very helpful.
    Last edited by Dooda; 08-08-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member
    The military sends 18-20 year old kids with little/no prior IT experience through a 7-day sec+ course. (Officially 9 days but first day is processing everyone in and last day is the test itself). They have something like a 80-90% pass rate from what i understand.
    Granted they're hitting it all day every day but take that for what you will in terms of adequate study time.
    Last edited by stopdropp; 09-16-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member

Certifications
    Security+
    I received the book, studied for about 2 weeks and passed the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    About 4 weeks or so.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+ , Network+, Security+, MCITP: EDST7
    It took me five weeks to study and pass.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Sec+, CCNA, C|EH, C|HFI, BS:IT, MS:IS
    Don't mean to Hijack this post, but I hard people were from Michigan? I'm sorry, go Buckeyes!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks