+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    What happened to the OP? My morbid curiousity wants to know how this turned out.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by strauchr
    TBH I can think of a few things that haven't been mentioned yet that would probably help quite a bit but why should I give my services away for free?

I don't mind helping people who are learning or posting about strange quirky problems but sharing my knowledge that I worked hard to obtain doesn't seem right.

The guy didn't test it nor had a fallback plan nor did he take the time to research issues correctly and admitted he just winged it. Someone who is inexperienced should not be performing this kind of work and if I/we bail him out this time he'll just do other things he probably shouldn't be doing and his company would not have learnt a lesson from not hiring the correct people to do the job correctly.

Sound harsh? Well I'm in a bad mood.
    I agree, you/I could check the posters number of posts before handing out useful information. I think everyone posted because its fun to discuss possible resolutions. Someone could tell this guy exactly what needs to happen to fix this problem, but its the same concept as cheating on a exam, he doesn't learn anything and still doesn't understand how or why this system is now working.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Dip IT(Network Engineering), MCSE 2000/2003: Security, CCA, CWNA, CNA, ITIL Foundations
    Perhaps he got the message from my ramblings, or perhaps he took our advice and hired someone.

I hate to come off sounding unfriendly but this site is not here to give free advice to unskilled IT people and tell them how to fix everything.

Sharing ideas, methodologies, studying tips and non-textbook style problems is what we're here for.

*Did I already say this??*
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks