+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Member

Certifications
    MCSA (Network+, A+, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 ) (working toward 70-284 for work next.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ULWiz
    Just wanted to see how hard it was. And what to expect.
    The problem with this is the possibility that this test only had a couple of questions on a certain subject and you got them both right giving you a false sense of understanding the subject. Your next test could hammer a subject you did well on this time and go more into detail about it.

Anyways I hope that you will do fine. Good luck
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. MIPS processor please Mishra's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2012, MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE 2003, MCTS: Vista, VCP4, AAS
    This is the one exam where I feel like you should really study and test lab everything. Have a great understanding of all the topics because the study material is closely related to real life problems.

If you are just trying to quickly knock this out, then you aren't doing yourself a favor. Especially if you don't have much experience with 2003. So do yourself a favor and really understand each topic.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Just because i was trying to knock it off quickly does not mean i dont understand the topic that are being given to me. It just means i did not think i needed to study for this cert for months at a time. And as you can see i do have a pretty good grasp of the concept since i missed a pass by one question without opening a book.

I dont have much experience with 2003 Server on a company level but have had my own server implemented for almost 2 years.

Studing what i need help on for my retest on tuesday.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. MIPS processor please Mishra's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2012, MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE 2003, MCTS: Vista, VCP4, AAS
    Quote Originally Posted by ULWiz
    Just because i was trying to knock it off quickly does not mean i dont understand the topic that are being given to me.
    Thats not really what I said/meant. I said IF you are trying to knock it out quick (quick meaning you half way understand the topics and are trying to get it over with) then I wouldn't suggest that. If thats not you then so be it. The reasoning for my post is to strengthen the importance of the topics on this test vs real life scenarios. Not to judge what you know about this test.

And as you can see i do have a pretty good grasp of the concept since i missed a pass by one question without opening a book.
    And for a quick point, the score of the tests isn't a true measure of what you know about the topics. Someone could truely get 50% of the test correct, and guess correctly on 20% giving them a passing score. Again, I'm not saying this is you. I'm just making a generalized point.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I hear what you are saying. It would be pointless to try and knock of a cert without understanding the concepts. Not what i am trying to do . I just felt i understand the topics at hand and decided to take a shot.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks