+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *PASSED * today

Certifications
    A.A.S -IT, working on B.S.-IT (Security),MCSA 2003,CIW-Associate,CompTIA A+,Net+,Project+, Sec+ HDI- HDA

Default *PASSED * today

Made it by on the nose. Worst exam experience of my life. I normally take at New Horizons which is right near my house. They were under construction so there normal testing room was moved to a room that was better fit for a broom closet. Thing was about as big as my cube at work. Test said I had 30 questions, after I answered number 25, here it came the screen of death, total white screen with just a mouse cursor and an hour glass every once in a while. I thought just my luck kinda like "Oh Joy, I get screwed today:. Advised them of this and they were able to log me out and onto another base. The room being so small was hotter than , you know what. out of the last 5 questions I had here came another SIM, I could care less and just wanted out of there so I blew threw it and received my score of passing 700.

Books used were Exam Cram, MSPress, Sybex, used Transcender to practice and also used CBT Nuggets video.

Onto 291
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. MIPS processor please Mishra's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2012, MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE 2003, MCTS: Vista, VCP4, AAS
    The test center stories are amazing.

Good job.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS: (431, 630, 631)
    a pass is a pass, congratulations...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. One Man Wolfpac NetAdmin2436's Avatar

Certifications
    AAS in Computer Networking, MCSE 2003, Network+, Security+, A+
    Sorry to hear about the troubles, but you passed so that's all that counts. Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Comptia A+, Network+, CCENT, CCNA R+S, ITIL Foundations
    congrats on the pass
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    ECDL, MOUS, 70-290, 70-291(WIP)
    Well done dude!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member Johnny Johnson's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCSE 2003, MCTS (70-680, 70-648, 70-646), MCSA 2008
    Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCDST, MCSA, CCENT, GSEC
    Congrats! Seems like ever horror story involving testing centers is with either the 290 or 291. Makes me scared to take it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT,MCSE 2012,MCSE 2003:M,N+,A+,HDI-SCA

Default hilarious

First off congrats to ya'. I'm glad you didn't blow thru that last question and get a 699!!!

I took a test there about 3 days prior, and I have to tell you that he is not joking. They literally have you testing in a broom closet. The PCs they use might as well be an Apple 2e or a Commodore 64. It takes between 10-90 seconds to go to the next question every time. I had my leg jammed up against the PC for about 2 hours and almost turned it off accidentally a few times (that would've sucked). Makes you wonder where your test $$$ is going because apparently Prometric is not making enough to buy any new PCs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Congratulations, hopefully your next exam won't be such a nail-biter.

-------------------------------------------------------
    ITHumidor.net - "Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis"
    -------------------------------------------------------

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top 50 PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Default Re: *PASSED * today

Quote Originally Posted by stangman
    Made it by on the nose. Worst exam experience of my life. I normally take at New Horizons which is right near my house. They were under construction so there normal testing room was moved to a room that was better fit for a broom closet. Thing was about as big as my cube at work. Test said I had 30 questions, after I answered number 25, here it came the screen of death, total white screen with just a mouse cursor and an hour glass every once in a while. I thought just my luck kinda like "Oh Joy, I get screwed today:. Advised them of this and they were able to log me out and onto another base. The room being so small was hotter than , you know what. out of the last 5 questions I had here came another SIM, I could care less and just wanted out of there so I blew threw it and received my score of passing 700.

Books used were Exam Cram, MSPress, Sybex, used Transcender to practice and also used CBT Nuggets video.

Onto 291
    you pass with 700?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A.A.S -IT, working on B.S.-IT (Security),MCSA 2003,CIW-Associate,CompTIA A+,Net+,Project+, Sec+ HDI- HDA

Default Re: *PASSED * today

Quote Originally Posted by puertorico123
    Quote Originally Posted by stangman

Books used were Exam Cram, MSPress, Sybex, used Transcender to practice and also used <a href=http://www.cbtnuggets.com/techexams target=”_blank”>CBT Nuggets</a> video.

Onto 291
    you pass with 700?
    Yes 700 is passing on Microsoft exams and Thanks for everyone who said congrats, hopefully 291 goes better than 290.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. One Man Wolfpac NetAdmin2436's Avatar

Certifications
    AAS in Computer Networking, MCSE 2003, Network+, Security+, A+
    Yeah, there's quite a few of us in the 700 club. Welcome!

The real challenge is to get 700 AND a zero bar in one category on the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks