+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA
    The exam says that the survey questions don't have an effect on your test score, but I don't remember it saying that the survey doesn't effect what questions you actually receive on the test. I doubt that the questions have an effect on the question pool, but dealing with Microsoft you never know
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    Network + , Security + , MCSA, Certified Clearswift Engineer, Prince 2 Foundation, ITIL v3 Foundation, ISO 20,000 Practicioner
    Congratulations on the pass!

I think all my MS exams had a survey before the exam, a chance to write comments on each question after the exam and a prometric survey after getting the results. Not sure if the first survey effects your question bank though.

Is the 291 easier than 290?

I suppose it depends on individual strengths in certain areas. In my experiance I found the 291 harder and longer (oh err) than the 290. But I got a higher score in the 291 because i studied harder for it and it's the kind of thing I've been working with the past 8 years or so.

Good luck with the 291
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, MCSA: Win2003, Network+, A+,
    Thanks Sam! I actually don't have a lot of experience with the topics on 291 so it might take me awhile to study. So far, the big subjects on the 291 seem to be DNS, DHCP, RRAS, AD, and a lot of networking. I plan on setting up a lab with three 2003 servers and three XP workstations. I'm using the MS Press book and Sybex book. Hopefully, all of this will be enough to learn the subjects well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gravyjoe
    Thanks Sam! I actually don't have a lot of experience with the topics on 291 so it might take me awhile to study. So far, the big subjects on the 291 seem to be DNS, DHCP, RRAS, AD, and a lot of networking. I plan on setting up a lab with three 2003 servers and three XP workstations. I'm using the MS Press book and Sybex book. Hopefully, all of this will be enough to learn the subjects well.
    If you're setting this lab up just for 291, may I suggest more servers and less workstations? 3 servers may be enough but 3 workstations is overkill, and adding another server may increase the potential complexity of scenarios you test out. Either way, this is a fun exam to study for. Good luck with it!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thanks for your feedback Amp. How many servers vs workstations would you suggest that I implement? Maybe four servers and two workstations?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gravyjoe
    Thanks for your feedback Amp. How many servers vs workstations would you suggest that I implement? Maybe four servers and two workstations?
    I did all my labs in VMs, I just ran 4 servers at a time, no workstations but sometimes i was using one server as workstation, as needed. 4 servers and 2 workstations is a sweet setup, now make sure some have two network cards and try to put them on separate network segments, so you can test out RRAS, DHCP (and DHCP relay), etc.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Makes sense to me. I'll probably set this up tonight. Like you said, this will be a fun exam to study for! Thanks for your help!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Default ! Any change of 70 - 290 test paper !

Hi gravyjoe,

"Is the exam paper going to change i hear microsoft going to change all exam paper" ?

Can let me know how is the exam going... can give me some info...thx.

I really ver worry it on this exam la can help....thank alot friend....

Chress!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks