+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP: 70-290, Network+

Default "Killed It" today with a 1000!!!

I was supposed to take it on the 12/29 but had to reschudule due to the holidays. This was my first Microsoft exam and actually I am still in a bit of shock! There were 6 questions on the exam that I had to take an educated guess about but the rest were pretty cut and dry. For those interested; My firm sent me to New Horizons for the 2273B course (5days) back in November and I received a free subscription to microsoft's eLearning. I worked through both of these but I also worked through the TestOut 70-290 CD and the MSPress book for the exam. I really feel that I got more from TestOut CD and the MSPress Book. For the past 2 weeks I have been taking the practice exam's on the MSPress book CD over and over and over... Now back to drinking beer! Cheers!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    That's awesome, congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar

Certifications
    I have numerous certs from VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, EMC, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks and more...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    many thanks, if I had to study another night for this, I think that my wife would have divorced me... I will give it about 2 weeks then start preparing for the next one...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Congrats. Here's to hoping that the 70-291 score will be just as good.

-------------------------------------------------------
    ITHumidor.net - "Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis"
    -------------------------------------------------------

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top 50 PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    WOW, congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Congrats on the score and the pass
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CEHv7, CCNA, Security+ 70-290, 70-291 CCNA:S
    Congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Comptia A+, Network+, CCENT, CCNA R+S, ITIL Foundations
    wow!!! good work
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security +
    Thats great, Congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. MIPS processor please Mishra's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2012, MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE 2003, MCTS: Vista, VCP4, AAS
    Now this sounds like a real legit 1000. So great job.

This would be the expected excitement for someone to make 1000 legitamitely.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    None?
    Wow, how many years have you been working with 2k3? Wow... just wow.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCP

Thumbs up Fellow New Horizons class mate, Ho Yah!!!

Dude, that’s awesome. I'm glad that you mentioned New Horizons. what a coincidence I'm also enrolled at New Horizons in Southern California. I purchased TestOut, ITS THE BEST! NHSC has provided my Transdenders and SelftTestSoftware simulation exams. I need to know HOW MANY QUESTIONS AND HOW MUCH TIME ARE YOU PROVIDED TO COMPLETE THE EXAM. Also, did you use ‘Vue’ or ‘Prometric’.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member

Certifications
    I went through Prometric. On my exam, I had 43 questions and had 3 hours to complete. It took me a little over 2 hours to finish. I do not want to disclose too much about the test itself but I will say, READ THE TECH NOTES FOR THIS EXAM! and know these topics like the back of your hand. Also know backups in general (they were hit pretty hard on my exam). As far as New Horizons, all in all, I think the 2273B was a good course for an overview but to walk out of the class and pass test with no prior knowledge or experience, I do not think it is possible (it covered a lot of ground in a short amount of time). From a network admin point of view, I have only worked with 2k3 server for about a year but I have been developing apps with php and .net for about 4 years (corporate downsizing... survivors wear many hats). I am starting to study for the Network+ next, for those who have taken it, how does it compare?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP 294, MCSA and ISO 20000 foundation
    Wow, thats a great score, congrats!

I myself booked this one for next wednesday. I think I can pass it with decent score but I doubt that I will do even nearly as good as you did!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, MCSA: Win2003, Network+, A+,
    Now THIS seems to be a legit 1000! Congratulations!! WAY TO GO!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA
    Quote Originally Posted by gravyjoe View Post
    Now THIS seems to be a legit 1000! Congratulations!! WAY TO GO!!!
    I agree, this seems to be an honest 1000. Congratulations!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP 294, MCSA and ISO 20000 foundation
    I steal this thread just once more to inform you guys that I just passed this one with score of 900, yay!

Didn't get even near of that freaking awesome score of 1000 but im quite happy with my result anyways

I used hands-on experience, MS Press book and Testout to study for this one. I also had a chance to do couple of simulation exams with Transcenders and now I do understand why it is so popular. The questions are really tough and gives you some idea about your chances on the real one. I passed Transcenders simulation exams with 800-950 points and I do think that some of the questions were much harder than the questions on real exam.

I'm wandering off to see what 70-620 has to offer me. After that comes the hard part because I think im going after 291 when i'm done with 620.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP , MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
    Thats great man. congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. nel

Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    Congrats to all
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS; Vista
    Congrats! New Horizons huh? I've heard of them. I attended Techskills, crap IMO.

I'll admit they handed me a braindump, but I found out about it before reading it. I discarded the file and just studied by using my 290 book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ Net+ Security+ Server+
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmartin_47 View Post
    Congrats! New Horizons huh? I've heard of them. I attended Techskills, crap IMO.

I'll admit they handed me a braindump, but I found out about it before reading it. I discarded the file and just studied by using my 290 book.
    Don't you love all these companies out trying to make the quickiest easiest dollar they can... while discrediting their students and the exam reputation? Companies like these should be sued
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network+ MCSA2003 MCSE2003 MCP MCTS:VISTA Security+ MCTS Apps Infrastructure MCTS Active DirectoryMCTS Net Inf
    Don't you love all these companies out trying to make the quickiest easiest dollar they can... while discrediting their students and the exam reputation? Companies like these should be sued[/QUOTE]

I don't like them either, one year and half ago I commited with one of these institutes, and so far I have my Net+ and the 270 and 290 but to be honest what I've learned there was nothing, I just drop off lasses with them and will try to get my money back, the certifications I've got are product of me studying like crazy at my own !!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS; Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by toteman85 View Post
    Don't you love all these companies out trying to make the quickiest easiest dollar they can... while discrediting their students and the exam reputation? Companies like these should be sued
    I don't like them either, one year and half ago I commited with one of these institutes, and so far I have my Net+ and the 270 and 290 but to be honest what I've learned there was nothing, I just drop off lasses with them and will try to get my money back, the certifications I've got are product of me studying like crazy at my own !![/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I wasn't the only one that was handed the braindump for 291. I only know 1 person from that school that used it. He works as an administrator right now, but it's funny when I ask him for help, he acts lost.

The school I belonged to was awful. They downgraded and went down from the beautiful financial district of downtown San Francisco to downtown Oakland. It was ghetto as hell. Especially since our school is next to our train station where a lot of protesting has occured since an unarmed passenger was shot on New Years by a police officer that happens to work for our rail service.

Only if I knew about self-paced earlier. Oh well. I'm finishing MCSE on my own. I have all the equipment and books. Oh yeah they changed their contract and did not allow me to keep all of the books.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks