+ Reply to Thread
  1. Go ping yourself... phoeneous's Avatar

Certifications
    Pimp status

Question Which trainsignal videos for 290?

Unlike cbtnuggets and their single 290 video, trainsignal doesnt have something similar. I see that theyve grouped their mcse videos into three parts but thats a ton of material just for the 290. My employer is willing to buy at least three single videos but Im not sure which ones to get for just 290. Thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    I'm not sure about TrainSignal as I did not use them for the 290. But I can say that the TestOut for this test is exceptional and includes simulation exercises that helped me a lot with this exam. I used TestOut and MCSE Core exams in a nutshell and SelfTest over two weeks and passed with high 800s.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Go ping yourself... phoeneous's Avatar

Certifications
    Pimp status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertKaucher View Post
    I'm not sure about TrainSignal as I did not use them for the 290. But I can say that the TestOut for this test is exceptional and includes simulation exercises that helped me a lot with this exam. I used TestOut and MCSE Core exams in a nutshell and SelfTest over two weeks and passed with high 800s.
    I got a bunch of TestOut's from college a few years back, glad they'll finally go to use.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by phoeneous View Post
    I got a bunch of TestOut's from college a few years back, glad they'll finally go to use.
    If you already have the TestOut for the 290 I would say all you need is something like the Microsoft Press book with the included MeasureUp software and you will be good to go. No need to spend the extra $$ on more videos.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    For 290 with Train Signal you need Labs,
    1, active directory
    2, file servers
    3, web servers
    4, dns
    10, server security
    11, network security
    12, pki, ipsec, efs
    14, group policy
    15, ad management