+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics

Default Mounting a drive to an NTFS folder

Tomorrow is test day already!!!

I finished watching my CBT nuggets and my book last night. Paging through another book and taking transcenders.

What are the requirements to mount a volume inside of another volume. I believe the only restriction is that the Receiving volume be formatted NTFS.

The Volume you are mounting can be FAT, or FAT32. And also I read somewhere that both can be basic disks (although I previously thought dynamic)

So if you have 2 disks, each one is a primary partition on a basic disk. C: is NTFS and D: is Fat. You could Mount D: (although it would no longer be D) into C:\D

Is that correct?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    How to create and use NTFS mounted drives in Windows XP and in Windows Server 2003
    Assign a mount point folder path to a drive

Yes, yes, yes. Although I would like to test the third statement to ensure there would not be two mount points created.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Just wanted to verify that, sometimes there are mistakes in the book and this could potentially be a big one. Thanks for the info on both this question and all of the others.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    Just wanted to verify that, sometimes there are mistakes in the book and this could potentially be a big one. Thanks for the info on both this question and all of the others.
    Always a pleasure! Just giving the help I got when I was studying myself!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks