+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+

Default Taking 70-290 exam 1/14/2005, Topics Question

I have a question for those who took the 70-290 test, Are there a lot of questions about "Groups", "Printers" and Specify tabs in user/computer account propertes?

I took a 3 month cource in college and have been reading the Thomson book to prepare for the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    MCDST Almost_MCSA_2003, Master Electrician, Certified Electrical Contractor
    There's some but it depends on which questions you get since there are a lot of questions in the pool these days. I failed the first couple of times and had the most difficulty reading the essays they had for questions in regards to permissions. The first time I took the test I used the MS Pressbook and Transcender test questions, the second time I prepared with the pressbook as well as the cbt nuggets and the third time I used a prep logic book in conjunction with everything else. Needless to say, I know the stuff pretty well now. The more resource you go through the better off you'll be.. If you have good reading comprehension skills this test will probably be a lot easier on you than it was me (my reading comprehension is pretty weak; math on the other hand is a different story). I was feeling too confident going into this exam because the three prior I did very well on the first time.

Good luck! I'll be taking 291 in a week or two and will be passing the first time making me an MCSA2003 then on to CCNA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+
    My reading comprehension is pretty weak too... English is my second language!

A week before my exam and I'm using the MeasureUp CourcePre program that came with the book. I'll read & take every possible practise test I can find.....

Good luck Jerz!, you'll be a MCSA2003 pretty soon... I'm certain that you will Kick the exam's ASS!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    MCDST Almost_MCSA_2003, Master Electrician, Certified Electrical Contractor
    The Mearsureup tests that come with the pressbook are very challenging. If you're scoring well on those then I would say you're ready. On this particular exam IMHO the Transcender questions were a bit easier than what was actually on the exam. The time limit is what killed me the first two time since I spent too much time on some questions (because they were lengthy and confusing) the last time I took advantage of the review check box and made sure that I limited myself on tim when I came across the very long permission based questions so I had plenty of time (10-15minutes) to go back and use the extra time to really focus on those questions that were giving be the most dificulty.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP XP PRO, MCSA 2003, CCENT(expired 2014)
    Like Jerz said the tests that came with the MS books are very good.However I advice you to have a good understanding of types of groups and user/group specifications tab,before taking the test.When I took the test I remember that was a lot of IIS questions but the tests are different ,each time

English is my third language ,but on test you'll get 30 minutes more and I remember that after answering all questions I had left 5 or 10 minutes,so...be carefully with the time!check yourself with timed tests.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+

Default Re: Taking 70-290 exam 1/14/2005, Topics Question

I can't belive I fail . The report shows I'm weak in three areas. I really belived that I was doing well, Now I don't know what to study. There were some Terminal serivce/server question that I didn't know, so I guess I'll study more about terminal service.

I'm planning to retake it in a week from now....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA,CCDA,CCDP,CCNP,Net+,I-Net+,Sec+,Server+,XP,Win2003, NT Work 4.0, Word/Excel 2000, Associate, Bachelor, Master Information Sys Man

Default Re: Taking 70-290 exam 1/14/2005, Topics Question

Quote Originally Posted by geury
    I can't belive I fail . The report shows I'm weak in three areas. I really belived that I was doing well, Now I don't know what to study. There were some Terminal serivce/server question that I didn't know, so I guess I'll study more about terminal service.

I'm planning to retake it in a week from now....
    Dont feel bad man.... I failed as well, but it is has opened my eyes on how to prepare for this exam... I need to do more hands on trainning, but some of those questions in the pool just dont fit in Windows 2003 Server... Guess its the luck of the draw....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks