+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, MCP (70-270)

Default Comparative Difficulty and Pass mark

Hi all,

I would like to ask your opinion on the level of difficulty of the 70-290 and 70-291 exams when compared to the 70-270 exam. Would you say that they are
    (a) much harder
    (b) a little bit harder
    (c) about the same
    (d) a little bit easier
    (e) a lot easier
    than the 70-270?

Also, is the exam pass mark the same for these two exams (ie 700 from 1000)?

Cheers,

Greg
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    MCDST Almost_MCSA_2003, Master Electrician, Certified Electrical Contractor
    The pass mark is the same (700/1000).

I would say 290 for me was MUCH HARDER than 270. I hardly studied for 70-270 and passed on the first go but failed 290 twice finally passing the third time with a lot of studying.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    BS CSE, A+, Net+, Sec+, MCP (70-270+290)
    I'd agree that 70-290 was harder for me than 70-270. My test focused a bunch on using the builtin backup services included with Windows 2003 Server. I also think that the Sybex 70-290 left out some of the information needed for the exam; thankfully I supplemented it with the Testout CBT software.

I'm studying for 70-291 now, I'll let you know how it is once I take that one (scheduled for Jan 21st).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, MCP (70-270)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstrm_ut
    I'd agree that 70-290 was harder for me than 70-270. My test focused a bunch on using the builtin backup services included with Windows 2003 Server. I also think that the Sybex 70-290 left out some of the information needed for the exam; thankfully I supplemented it with the Testout CBT software.

I'm studying for 70-291 now, I'll let you know how it is once I take that one (scheduled for Jan 21st).
    To nightstrm_ut and Jerz - thanks very much for your opinions - I'll make sure I take my time and do a bit extra study for this one. I'd be very interested in your experience with 70-291 nightstrm_ut, since that will be next on my list once I get through 70-290. Much appreciated.

Anybody else have anything to add?

Greg
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP Track (BSCI), MCSE 2003, MCSA:Messaging 2003, A+, Network+
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstrm_ut

When you refer to the builtin backup services, do you mean the command line ntbackup.exe, or the GUI Backup program?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA,CCDA,CCDP,CCNP,Net+,I-Net+,Sec+,Server+,XP,Win2003, NT Work 4.0, Word/Excel 2000, Associate, Bachelor, Master Information Sys Man

Default Re: Comparative Difficulty and Pass mark

Quote Originally Posted by sweenk2000
    (a) much harder
    than the 70-270?

exam pass mark (700 for the 70-290)
    Once I'm finished taking this test, I will take one more to get my MCSA... Then, Microsoft tests can kiss my ass, because I will not take anymore

I just failed the 70-290 with a score of 678.... Some questions seemed unfair like modem questions are some of irrelevant stuff, but what can I say.... You pass some and you fail some... Just the way it goes...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks