+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    a + net+ ccent

Default amazon for older certs

one of the things about some of the older certs is that some of the study material is a lot cheaper i just got a study guide on amazon for 70-290 for around 7.00 including postage
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by huntert View Post
    one of the things about some of the older certs is that some of the study material is a lot cheaper i just got a study guide on amazon for 70-290 for around 7.00 including postage
    Books really aren't that expensive as long as you steer clear of the books that are intended to be used in a classroom. If the publisher is Mcgraw or Pearson, you are for sure going to pay over $100. If not, $30-$40 is usually the most you will see.

And of course, $7 is better than that. Many people are unloading their old books more for freeing up space for the new books but wouldn't mind a few bucks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE+M, MCSE+S, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCSA:2008, MCSA:2012
    They go so cheaply I do not even bother selling.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo_666 View Post
    They go so cheaply I do not even bother selling.
    I keep all of mine, but I offer them out to friends to borrow. Nobody has ever taken me up on it yet. Several have expressed interest though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+; 70-270
    I don't sell any of my books.. The books will serve as a nice reference in my IT career.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE+M, MCSE+S, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCSA:2008, MCSA:2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    I keep all of mine, but I offer them out to friends to borrow. Nobody has ever taken me up on it yet. Several have expressed interest though.
    Your friends, like mine, are clearly not cool enough.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, HDI-SCA, ITIL V3 Foundations, A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST, CCENT, CCNA, Project+, CCNA Security, MCTS: Windows 7 Config, CEH, CHFI
    I plan on keeping all of mine, putting them on a bookshelf in my home office. Assuming I can clean up this trainwreck of a room I call a computer room into an office
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    I donate the ones I know I'm completely finished with to the company library. I usually find more concise locations for the information throughout my studies (Technet, Cisco docs, etc.), and I use that going forward. I'll undoubtedly need to reference something, but I don't really need to be "taught" again.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. SupremeNetworkOverlord Moderator Ahriakin's Avatar

Certifications
    CCIE #23276-Sec, JNCIE-Sec #105, TCSE #2343,MCSE 2003-Sec,LPIC-1
    I just give away the ones I don't need anymore. The last bunch went to a Taxi driver who mentioned he wanted to break into Cisco work.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks