+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    B.A. Information Systems, A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA in progress.....

Default Is SUS still tested in 70-290?

Hello folks. I was just wondering if the 70-290 exam still tests on SUS or did it update to WSUS? I'm currently studying for the exam, and the MS Press book says that SUS is still tested, but the book was copyrighted in 2006. Thanks for any clarifications!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
    You can study WSUS. I haven't touched SUS for 4+ years, only WSUS, and it didn't hurt me when I took the 290 recently.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    B.A. Information Systems, A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA in progress.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MentholMoose View Post
    You can study WSUS. I haven't touched SUS for 4+ years, only WSUS, and it didn't hurt me when I took the 290 recently.
    Thanks a lot for your input! I checked on Microsoft's site about the objectives, and none of it mentions SUS or WSUS. I also googled it as well, but no luck at all. Is there a place where I can get info on updated test objectives on the MCSE? This site is one of the best resources I know of for IT stuff.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Yep its on the 290. Not a huge topic but you will probably get some questions about it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, A+, Net+, Sec+, MCP (70-270, 70-290)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    Yep its on the 290. Not a huge topic but you will probably get some questions about it.
    agreed. I don't recall how many questions I had on the test on SUS but it WAS indeed on my test, albeit, minimally.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Was it SUS-specific, though, or would studying WSUS be OK? There is a lot of overlap between the two. I don't remember the questions I had but I think they were applicable to both WSUS and SUS.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    To me there is no difference, just different names for the same stuff
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    The questions on WSUS/SUS tend to be so generic that either one performs the same.

One thing to keep in mind is that these periferal technologies like CMD commands, PowerShell for the MCITPs and WSUS for the MCP era exams are not really tested in detail. You don't need to know a lot about them, more what they do and how.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. God Emperor of Canada

Certifications
    A+ MCSA CCNA
    apparently SUS/WSUS is also on the 70-291 since my test today had 5+ questions on it...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperrawr9000 View Post
    apparently SUS/WSUS is also on the 70-291 since my test today had 5+ questions on it...
    Yep. it comes around again. So far the 293 seems to be done with it, but who knows?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks