+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Import Foreign Disk

Hi,

Just changed a faulty disk on a Windows Server 2003 that has a Mirrored and Spanned volumes, the new disk came up on the disk management as Foreign Disk, when I right click, the only option I get is "Import Foreign Disk", my question is if I get to do this, will it import the disk into the target Server Disk Group or will it import the group from the previous Server Disk Group?

Secondly, if the disk is imported to the target Server Disk Group, how do I know which group to import the disk to ie Mirrored or Spanned group?

Thanks in advance......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSA:2008, VCP4/5, CCA (XS), MCITP: EA/VA, MCSE, MCSA, Linux+, Security+, Server+, A+
    I believe when you mark it for import you will be asked to select a target disk group.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP, NRS1, CCNA, CCNP
    This may be of help. Books online: Windows Server 2003 in a Nutshell/Disks
    Hopefully there's material there appropriate for the configuration you're working with.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by undomiel View Post
    I believe when you mark it for import you will be asked to select a target disk group.
    Thats what I remember, but I've never actually done this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    Many thanks guys, really appreciate your responses, been able to sort it out..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks