+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    Sec+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCTS, MCITP:VA, VCP5, MCSA 2012, MCSE Private Cloud, MCSE Server Infrastructure, C|EHv7, RHCSA, OSCP, GCIH, OSWP

Default Opinions on this MS book for 290

I decided to take 290 next, so I am looking at books on Amazon. I came across this book.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Official Academic Course: Managing And Maintaining A Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (exam 70-290) (Academic Learning) (9780072944877): Craig Zacker: Books

Anyone use this book to help pass 290?
    2016 Goals: GCIH, OSWP - DONE!
    My OSCP review http://www.jasonbernier.com/oscp-review/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    I used this Amazon.com: 70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment Package (Microsoft Official Academic Course Series) (9780470068861): Microsoft Official Academic Course: Books by the same author. I also used cbt nuggets and transcender to master the test.

I know your book has a 5 star rating, but keep in mind only 1 person rated it and it seems that he just read for general knowledge. Plus he was super excited that it game with a 90 day trial that may have biased his opinon.

EDIT: Looks like you can buy a used one for $6.19 and get free shipping with amazon prime. For that price, why not buy it for a peek?
    Last edited by Devilsbane; 12-27-2010 at 06:26 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    I'm currently using the MS Press kit book:

MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-290): Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment

It's been pretty good so far. I'm also using in addition to the MS Press book: TechNotes and CBT Nuggets for my study materials.

I haven't tried the MS Academic Course book yet.
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks