+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default Worth pursuing 70-290?

Hi all,
    Just wondering if its still worth pursuing 70-290 at this stage, anyone know when its retiring?

Cheers
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    What is your ultimate goal? The only scenario where i could recommend going for that test is if your job requires it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    My goal is to get more certification, I have the official certification MS books for the four core exams in Server 2003 and was thinking is it worthwhile studying for the exams or should I go with 2008?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCP, MCTS, MCITP, MCDST, A+ , NETWORK +
    It is no longer advisable by Microsoft but I am taking it because it is cheaper to study for the exam and also most recruiters know MCSA than they do the new qualifications. I paid Ł40 for all the books and WinXP/Server 2003 is easy to get hold and also at work I still support Win XP + Win 2003 so I am better off taking the win 2003 exams. I do intent to upgrade immediately after qualifying though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    The 290 is not difficult and would provide some good foundational knowledge.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, NT 4.0, CompTIA A+ and Security+ Certifications
    Hello ger 1,

I question this myself. I have had several colleagues stop by and say, "Why are you wasting your time with this server?". My answer is that I started Windows server 2008 and I felt like I was missing something. So, I did a market job search in my area and there are still requirements of server 2003 administration jobs out there. So, I decided to go back to Server 2003 for the foundation of Active Directory and Server configuration. I already have a lab setup with 2003. I believe that once you have a good grasps of AD and Server, the newer server 2008 will be easier to learn and test for.

Thank You

mustang7173
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks