+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA Win7, MCSA 2003 & 2008, MCS, CCNA, VCP5

Default First MS test ever - passed with 825!

A few days ago I finally took my first Microsoft exam. I expected it to be pretty hard, so it took me about 2 month of studying with a lot of breaks, but overall, I think I spent about 80 hours to prepare for it. I actually was surprised that I didn't score higher as I felt very confident throughout the test except may be a few questions. But a pass is a pass.

I got 100% on managing devices
    about 90% on managing users, computers and groups
    75% on managing access to resources
    80% on managing server environment and
    80% on disaster recovery.

I watched CBT Nuggets (didn't really like it, so I guess I won't use them for 291), read Microsoft Official Academic Course book (it's pretty good and easy to read), read a few chapters in MCSA Self-Paced Training Kit (dry and boring, but has more details), and a few chapters in Windows Server 2003 Unleashed (didn't really help for the exam but helped to understand best practices better). I also watched TestOut training course and it was really helpful.

I probably spent to much time on it, but I really didn't want to fail. Now that I know what to expect from Microsoft exam, I'll probably won't spend as much time.

Next is 291. How hard is it compared to 290? I already have my CCNA and have pretty good knowledge of networking. I hope to finish it before December and then start preparing for 70-680 to get MCSA 2003 title. I couldn't care less about client operating systems but what can I do...
    Last edited by sratakhin; 10-20-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. MIPS processor please Mishra's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2012, MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE 2003, MCTS: Vista, VCP4, AAS
    Congrats!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Congrats on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MSCE NT4, MCSA 2008, MCITP:SA, ITIL F 2011, JNCIA JunOS, 70-480 HTML5/CSS/JS, MCSA 2012, Cloud+
    Congrats, but out of curiosity why are you doing the Server 2003 exams? why not 2008 at least?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on pass!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks