+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISSP, VCP4, C|EH, MCITP:EA, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCTS, CST, CNST, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, iNet+, Linux+

Default Server+ as a stepping stone to other certs?

I just passed Security+ and was looking at the MCSE requirments and options...I was SHOCKED that CompTIA Server+ was not in there!!!

Does this cert go tward anything like a Linux cert or some other MS path?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    OSCP, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, MCSA 2008, MCSE 2003: Security, MCDST, MCP, Security+, Network+, A+, Project+, CCENT, CCNA
    Hi,

I don't know much about the Server+ cert, but it does in fact combined with the A+ count as an elective for the MCSA. However, the Security+ counts as an MCSE elective and can also be used for the Security specialization with a combo of 70-299, 227, or 350.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

EMC considers it a prereq for their certs. It was accepted before MS certs were addeded. EMC makes SAN's among other things.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISSP, VCP4, C|EH, MCITP:EA, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCTS, CST, CNST, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, iNet+, Linux+
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow
    EMC considers it a prereq for their certs. It was accepted before MS certs were addeded. EMC makes SAN's among other things.
    Thanks - gives me a good reason to sit for the exam after I get an MCSE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks