+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. Baroo? skrpune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,409

    Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    #1

    Default Anyone else get weird calls from Prometric?

    The first call was about a week ago from a rep at Prometric - she called me on my cell first, then left a message at home...asking me about a test I took on 6/24 & whether I've gotten my score. I thought it was a little weird, and at first I thought they were calling about the Windows 7 Beta exam & were calling to see if I got my score report via mail yet. Well, I checked the exam date, and it was my Server+ Beta exam instead. And Prometric was calling to ask me if I got a score?! Um, aren't those not supposed to be out until October?!

    I forgot about it for a couple days and then returned the call last week and left a message for the rep and didn't hear back before the weekend. She decided that 7:25am today was a good time to call me back. Well, I was fast asleep (got to bed laaaaate, like post-3am) so I didn't quite register that it was my phone buzzing and I missed her call. She left another message saying "Gee, sorry, I wasn't clear before - I'm calling to see if you got your score report for that test." Sigh, aren't these folks supposed to know this already?!

    Anywho, so I called her back and finally got to talk to her. First, she couldn't confirm which test it was. She just repeated the date and since I was half asleep and since I took a few in a short span, I asked her to try to confirm the test so I could be sure we were both talking about the same thing. Once we determined that we were both talking about the Server Beta, she asked me if I got a score, and I told her that I wasn't expecting one since it was a Beta exam and you don't get scores for those right away. She asked me "So you didn't see a score on the screen?!" Sigh. I told her again NO since it was a beta exam and that I don't expect to see a score for beta exams for weeks or months...and that this one's not due until October. Then she asked me if I've gotten the score in the mail yet or anything. OH MY GOD. What part of "no, this exam score isn't due out until October" does this person not understand?! GAH.

    At this point I was curious why in blazes she's asking me all this, so I inquired wtf was going on (more politely than that of course). She said that if a score isn't registered in the system, it throws up a red flag that it might be a glitch or communication problem with the test center, etc. Which I can totally understand if this were a normal exam but this was a beta exam. I'm just a little surprised that they don't somehow mark betas in the system so that they don't get the little "hey I don't have a score & something might be wrong" red flag. And how come my Windows 7 Beta exam didn't come up with this same red flag? Is Prometric really just that sucky?? (Rhetorical question, I know the answer is 'yes.')

    So anyone else out there getting weird phone calls from Prometric, asking to give them your score for an exam that's not scored yet? Or am I the only "special" one??
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Member joecontreras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    69

    Certifications
    A.A. in Computer Networking Technology, MCSA, A+, Server+, Working towards MCITP:EA
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by skrpune View Post
    The first call was about a week ago from a rep at Prometric - she called me on my cell first, then left a message at home...asking me about a test I took on 6/24 & whether I've gotten my score. I thought it was a little weird, and at first I thought they were calling about the Windows 7 Beta exam & were calling to see if I got my score report via mail yet. Well, I checked the exam date, and it was my Server+ Beta exam instead. And Prometric was calling to ask me if I got a score?! Um, aren't those not supposed to be out until October?!

    I forgot about it for a couple days and then returned the call last week and left a message for the rep and didn't hear back before the weekend. She decided that 7:25am today was a good time to call me back. Well, I was fast asleep (got to bed laaaaate, like post-3am) so I didn't quite register that it was my phone buzzing and I missed her call. She left another message saying "Gee, sorry, I wasn't clear before - I'm calling to see if you got your score report for that test." Sigh, aren't these folks supposed to know this already?!

    Anywho, so I called her back and finally got to talk to her. First, she couldn't confirm which test it was. She just repeated the date and since I was half asleep and since I took a few in a short span, I asked her to try to confirm the test so I could be sure we were both talking about the same thing. Once we determined that we were both talking about the Server Beta, she asked me if I got a score, and I told her that I wasn't expecting one since it was a Beta exam and you don't get scores for those right away. She asked me "So you didn't see a score on the screen?!" Sigh. I told her again NO since it was a beta exam and that I don't expect to see a score for beta exams for weeks or months...and that this one's not due until October. Then she asked me if I've gotten the score in the mail yet or anything. OH MY GOD. What part of "no, this exam score isn't due out until October" does this person not understand?! GAH.

    At this point I was curious why in blazes she's asking me all this, so I inquired wtf was going on (more politely than that of course). She said that if a score isn't registered in the system, it throws up a red flag that it might be a glitch or communication problem with the test center, etc. Which I can totally understand if this were a normal exam but this was a beta exam. I'm just a little surprised that they don't somehow mark betas in the system so that they don't get the little "hey I don't have a score & something might be wrong" red flag. And how come my Windows 7 Beta exam didn't come up with this same red flag? Is Prometric really just that sucky?? (Rhetorical question, I know the answer is 'yes.')

    So anyone else out there getting weird phone calls from Prometric, asking to give them your score for an exam that's not scored yet? Or am I the only "special" one??
    Maybe you scored 100% and messed up there whole Beta system and now they are trying to figure out how to score everyone else based on your score.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    553

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by joecontreras View Post
    Maybe you scored 100% and messed up there whole Beta system and now they are trying to figure out how to score everyone else based on your score.
    +1 for that! You dog you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Baroo? skrpune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,409

    Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by joecontreras View Post
    Maybe you scored 100% and messed up there whole Beta system and now they are trying to figure out how to score everyone else based on your score.
    HA! If only! I like the cut of your jib though...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. sporadic member shednik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,005

    Certifications
    CCNP, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIS-SP, JNCIA, JNCDA, CCNA, CCNA:Security, MCP, A+, N+, L+, MST:InfoSec, CNSS 4011-4015
    #5
    Nah you're just one of those special kids
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12,308
    #6
    Yea, but it's usually at 3am, and they're drunk. They keep rambling on about not doing any Cisco exams and going back to MS. Weird.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Baroo? skrpune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,409

    Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    Yea, but it's usually at 3am, and they're drunk. They keep rambling on about not doing any Cisco exams and going back to MS. Weird.
    lol...this woman wasn't drunk, but she may as well have been. I just find it odd that they're calling me to find out if I got a score for a test that I wasn't supposed to get a score for. And that they couldn't even tell me which exam it was for. Makes me wonder if the test got screwed up. Hrm...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. ITDufas TravR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    331

    Certifications
    A+ Net+ Security+ Server+
    #8
    Or it's some kind of weird scam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. ITDufas TravR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    331

    Certifications
    A+ Net+ Security+ Server+
    #9
    It's sounds fishy. Companies can't call you at that hour - it's a lawsuit.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Baroo? skrpune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,409

    Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    #10

    Default Ruh Roh

    I got another message from Prometric today...with a ticket number & a request to call them back about my score report. Le sigh.

    It was after 5pm central time when I got the message and called them back, and apparently the people who have a clue about what's going on leave at 5, so I'm theoretically going to get a call back tomorrow from someone else. What I was able to get from the rep I spoke with today was that there was a possible problem on the test center side and they DO realize that it's a beta, but it's been flagged and no one can really tell me why or what's going on until tomorrow.

    I took the extra step of calling the test center and the fella there knew who I was and what I was calling about before I gave him any of my test/confirmation number info. He told me that he got a call from Prometric today and that everything was sent over on test day but that they resent the info again today. He said that everything should be fine and that Prometric should have everything they need to score the exam. I flat out told him that the usage of "should" scares the bejebus out of me!! I didn't exact prepare extensively for this exam, but I did put a fair amount of effort into it and I'd hate to see it go to waste for a possible transmission error or administrative error somewhere along the line. I did my part, now I need for them to do theirs.

    SO I "should" have an update from a rep at Prometric tomorrow morning. Let's hope they don't call me before 7:30 am again.

    Edit: one more thing I forgot to mention...when I called Prometric, I gave them the ticket number and was put on hold while the rep looked it up - then she came back on and said "Okay, Miss XXXXX?" I said, "Um, no, that's not me..." She confirmed the ticket number again and apparently it was misassigned or I was given the wrong number. NICE! I ended up logging into Prometric's own site to grab the test confirmation number & giving that to them to access my info. Seems like they're very organized over there.
    Last edited by skrpune; 07-14-2009 at 11:22 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Baroo? skrpune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,409

    Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    #11
    Hrm. No call back from Prometric this morning so I called them. I talked to the same rep as I did yesterday, but today she passed me along to her supervisor. She said that she's been trying to track down who the heck is calling me because they shouldn't be - for betas, it wouldn't get flagged in their system until it's been 8 weeks after the test date, so no one should be calling me about it at this point - it's only 3 weeks since I took the exam.

    I told her my concerns about the exam results not getting recorded/transmitted and she said that should not be the case here. There goes that "should" word again!

    Anywho, she's supposed to call me back within 48 hours and she's promised to get down to the bottom of this. She also gave me her direct line and told me to call her & report the first/last name of any other numbskulls that call me about this, lol!
    (I'm paraphrasing of course, but she sounds almost as irritated by this as I am...)

    God, I love Prometric.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12,308
    #12
    This is better than a soap opera!

    c:\>Get-Popcorn -butter
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Member drewkeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    61

    Certifications
    MCSA 2003, MCTS SQL 2005, N+, A+ ;Penn State .NET certificate; currently pursuing BS Drexel University
    #13
    Popcorn is in the microwave

    What is the deal with prometric though. With all the time and effort we put forth, the last thing you need are problems with the results

    Hope all works out for ya. got my fingers crosses
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Baroo? skrpune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,409

    Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    #14
    Hey, can someone pass me the popcorn?

    So that manager at Prometric was supposed to call me back within 48 hours which would have been this past Friday. Well, it's Monday now so I called her to check in. She's on vacation for a week - nice!

    Grr. Well, I grabbed the extension of another rep off her voice mail message and got a nice gentleman who swears he's going to look into it and call me back by noon with some sort of answer, even if he's found nothing. I'm not holding my breath. I'm giving them a little while longer to figure out what the heck is going on, and then I go to CompTIA. Who knew a beta exam could be so complicated?!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Baroo? skrpune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,409

    Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    #15
    I finally have my resolution - this guy was prompt and called me back right when he said he would, and he said not to worry. Someone messed up and saw 'pending' on my record for the exam and freaked, which is apparently fine when it's a beta exam...my record for the beta has been updated to show as 'tested' so no one else freaks out and opens up another ticket on this! Geez, all this time and frustration just because it was 'pending' instead of 'tested' and no one bothered to check if it was a beta exam?? Oy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12,308
    #16
    Very anticlimactic. You should have at least made up a better ending
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Baroo? skrpune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,409

    Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    Very anticlimactic. You should have at least made up a better ending
    I know, hardly worth all the hub-bub and multiple phone calls. I was wondering at first if it was a system wide issue or a site issue. Seems like it was a single employee being a dork issue.

    Do I still get popcorn?


    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Cisco Moderator mikej412's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,190

    Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    #18
    Definitely grab some popcorn -- you'll probably be getting a Customer Satisfaction Survey to find out how well they dealt with the "issue"

    And if you give "less than stellar reviews" there will probably be many follow up calls, including one from that Manager when she gets back from vacation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. ROFL-Copter pilot snadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,235

    Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    Very anticlimactic. You should have at least made up a better ending

    at least it was better than Godfather part III
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. ITDufas TravR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    331

    Certifications
    A+ Net+ Security+ Server+
    #20
    Maybe they should send you a coffee mug for free or something for waking you up at 3 am... since you probably needed coffee at work the day after.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    553

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TravR1 View Post
    Maybe they should send you a coffee mug for free or something for waking you up at 3 am... since you probably needed coffee at work the day after.
    But I just want the t-shirt.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Baroo? skrpune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,409

    Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by TravR1 View Post
    Maybe they should send you a coffee mug for free or something for waking you up at 3 am... since you probably needed coffee at work the day after.
    nah, I was just up until 3am the night before and got a call from them ~7:30am the next morning (or same morning technically)...although still I wouldn't turn down a free coffee mug or t-shirt for the troubles & stress.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,666

    Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    #23
    ...You could write a book on this...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,654

    Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    #24
    Wow! Does anyone know when we should be hearing about the results from this beta exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12,308
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas_libertas View Post
    Wow! Does anyone know when we should be hearing about the results from this beta exam?
    I thought it was Q3 this year...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks