+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    Security+

Default Passed Server+ Today

Passed Server+ today. Very little studying. I have two years of hands on experience and had passed Security+ just last week. There were some closely related questions. It is a combination of A+, Security+, and basic server knowledge. Did not find much material to study just searched around and found a few practice questions around the web and brushed up on RAID terminology. If you have at least some experience it is pretty easy. On to A+ and Network+ now. I will probably take my A+ next as I think I can pass it easily without to much studying, then I'll tackle the Network+, as I have heard it is one of the hardest to pass?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CCNA, MCTS - Win 7, A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Healthcare IT Technician, CIW Web Foundations Associate, Project+
    Grats, add it to your certs on your profile or it doesn't count.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on pass!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Congratz on the pass and good luck with future certs!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Network + does require a bit of studying --- sorry I would provide specifics, but I passed it almost 5 years ago!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, ITILv3, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by mwwalker View Post
    Passed Server+ today. Very little studying. I have two years of hands on experience and had passed Security+ just last week. There were some closely related questions. It is a combination of A+, Security+, and basic server knowledge. Did not find much material to study just searched around and found a few practice questions around the web and brushed up on RAID terminology. If you have at least some experience it is pretty easy. On to A+ and Network+ now. I will probably take my A+ next as I think I can pass it easily without to much studying, then I'll tackle the Network+, as I have heard it is one of the hardest to pass?

Security+ was a walk in the park compared to Net+, just my two cents. Just allot of information you have to memorize and know. I don't think the material is hard, as much as how much material there is.
    Currently Pursuing: CCNA: S

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Aim Small, Miss Small universalfrost's Avatar

Certifications
    PMP, MS Info. Sys. Eng., BS BIS, AAS-AST,Security+ CE, Network+ CE, Server+, CCNA,ITIL v3, MCTS:Win7 Config.
    i too have server+ scheduled for next friday. i needed something to fill in the 1.5 weeks between the time i ended my net+ cert and when I started my ccna renewal and server+ fit the bill.... doing the skillport training on it right now and getting hi 90's on all the tests. scored a voucher off ebay for $145..... net + was super easy, 20 minutes and done, but it did include a lot of off the wall linux questions.

congrats on the pass
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Congrats on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks