+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Studying for Server+ and scared!

Hello all, I am a Document Management Administrator at a large law firm. I have 10+ years technical experience, beginning with software training and ending up where I am now. My boss has requested that I sit for the Server+ exam. I ordered the Instructor's manual from CompTIA's website and have ExamCram2 on the way. I have some limited experience with servers -- I've set them up and configured them, but never really done any deep troubleshooting with them. I do not hold any other certs. Do I have a chance to pass Server+ if I study hard? I'm so afraid that lack of an A+ cert is really going to hurt me. Any words of advice or wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Sheryl
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Use Jonathan Lau's book (you can grab from Kindle).

It is an excellent and cheap book. I used this in colloboration with the Server+ notes found on this wonderful site.

UniversalFrost (TExam member) also posted some very helpful items as well.

Know SCSI and RAID configs for sure! Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Mac Integration Basics 10.11, Wireless#, CWTS
    LearnSmart has their exam guides on sale through 6pm this evening for a buck. Might splurge and get the Server+ guide. Its not meant for a main source, but for a $1.00? Why not. Just be prepared to get bombarded with phone calls from their sales dept soon afterwards. So use a Google Voice # if you have one.

IT Certification Guides - CCNA MCSE A+ Network Security Certification Guides
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Thanks for the encouragement and info!

I just ordered the pocket guides for A+ and Server+, hopefully the info for A+ will help me get up to speed a little more - the books I'm using (CramExam2 and CompTIA's manual for Server+) make reference quite often to A+ so I'm hoping this will help me hit the highlights.

Thanks again!

Sheryl
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA:R/S, CCENT, ITIL 2011, B.S. IT, CompTIAx5, MCTSx2, MTAx1,
    I used the official CompTIA book for SK0-003 as well as Transcender and I passed in the low 800's. Pound both HARD and watch youtube videos on SNMP and you will do fine. Make sure you know all Levels of raid **that are in the objectives** like the back of your hand. You WILL be asked many questions on RAID. Note: You don't need to use Transcender to pass, but I used it and passed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Congratz! Good job!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snorth0673 View Post
    I just ordered the pocket guides for A+ and Server+, hopefully the info for A+ will help me get up to speed a little more - the books I'm using (CramExam2 and CompTIA's manual for Server+) make reference quite often to A+ so I'm hoping this will help me hit the highlights.

Thanks again!

Sheryl
    It will. A lot of the information from the A+ exam shows up on the Server + exam. With that information you can eliminate a lot of the incorrect responses.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks