+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Which book can I use for SKO-003?

Hello everyone, this is my first post (at least for a long time). I'm planning on studying for the Server+ SKO-003. The reason why is because I need it for a job position I'm applying to in about 2 months and they asked me to study this. Unfortunately I've had a hard time finding a book for the current SKO-003 exam.

The only ones I've seen for SKO-003 are the Concise Server+ Study Guide by Jonathan Lau and the Server+ by LearnSmart. Do you recommend any of these? My preferred choice would be a Kindle/E-book edition because I live in Costa Rica and that would be the fastest/best way for me to start studying. Thanks a lot.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, MCSA, CNA, CCNA (expired), Project+, Linux+, CNE (expired), OCA MySQL 5, ITIL Foundation
    If you can get the LearnSmart PDF, your Kindle should open it-- you'll probably need to transfer it from a PC via USB.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Sure, getting the digital book isn't a problem. Which book would you recommend for this certification? Jonathan Lau's book or LearnSmart's book? Or maybe another one. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Server+ is a book that everyone has trouble finding good study materials for
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by earweed View Post
    Server+ is a book that everyone has trouble finding good study materials for
    ^ this!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    These 3 books is all you really need.

The Concise Server+ Study Guide by Jonathan Lau

LearnSmart CompTIA Server+

Sybex Study Guide Second Edition

And make sure to learn about RAIDs and also about backups.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE: SI, MCITP: EA, MCITP: EDA, MCITP: VA, MCSA: Srv 2012, MCSA: Srv 2008, MCSA: Win 8, MCSA: Win 7, MCTS (x6), CCENT, A+, Srv+, N+, Sec+, Stor+, P+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CompTia A+, Sec+, Server+
    I have a Kindle Fire and found Jonathan Lau's Server+ book for about $10 but you have to have a Kindle to get it. The book is alright, but the if you have experience or have already taken other CompTia exams (A+, Sec+ for example) the test is kind of a rehash of a lot of that stuff...but yes, I agree it is tough to find good study material for the exam...if you have a Kindle, get Lau's book, even though it's not anywhere near the quality of Darril's book, it was more than enough for me to pass the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    N+, S+, Server+, Project+, LPIC-1, LPIC-2
    That big, ugly, spiral-bound text from axzo express was the best one I could find, it's on amazon for around 40 bucks. If you can get a hold of the CBT nuggets, they were very helpful as well.. Some may disagree, but I would recommend not underestimating the exam. It was more difficult than I thought it would be; however, I feel that having been a sys admin for only two months now, I could pass it with my eyes closed..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A lot
    I am personally using CBT Nuggets Server+. He states that he is going over the exam objectives for -002, but the exam objectives are for -003. So Idk. Either way, I score under 60% for my practice tests for Server+ through SkillPort and through tests I find on the internet. So this should atleast help compliment some weaknesses I do have.

CBT Nuggets is 'decent', I havent seen many CBT nugget videos, but I hear they are pretty good and people usually get certified just using them.

Hope this helps!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE: SI, MCITP: EA, MCITP: EDA, MCITP: VA, MCSA: Srv 2012, MCSA: Srv 2008, MCSA: Win 8, MCSA: Win 7, MCTS (x6), CCENT, A+, Srv+, N+, Sec+, Stor+, P+
    Trainsignal also has Server+ videos and they are half the cost of CBT Nuggets, so that's another resource to consider.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Network+ Server+ Security+
    Hello guys I found CBT Nuggets video but is 2009 still valid or is a new version please let me know thank you so much
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks