+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    MTA

Default Passed 98-364 1st time posting *new member

Hello family, im a new member and yesterday passed first hopefully of many Microsoft exams. My background is mostly as Finance Analyst who has and does heavily use Excel. Starting in 2013 I started using SQL Server 2008 and really liked it. So fast forwarding to 2014, Ive decided I want to get MSCE and work towards getting junior DBA role eventually.

I passed the 98-364 and now am working on 70-461. I plan on studying for 4 weeks and use the Measure Up 70-461 test along with the PluralSight 70-461 and the Virtual Academy class on 70-461 querying as well. Do those study materials sound good? Im debating worth of buying 70-461 MS Press Kit book. I did however plan on getting the Microsoft T-SQL fundamentals book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSE: Servers, Sec +, MCITP:DBA 2008, MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014
    I have the 70-461 book. It's a little dry but it covers a good amount on the exam (or so I'm told, im doing the upgrade from 2008 and I'm using it in preparation for the upgrade exams).

Also, career wise, look into going to SQL Saturday in March. There is a ton you can learn as a junior dba there. They are great and last years in Richmond was loads of fun. Plus it's a great place to network. Also the monthly PASS meetings are great too. I can send you more information if you are interested.
    2017 Goals - MCSA SQL 2016 Database Administration, MCSA Windows Server 2016
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    MTA

Default 98-364 Follow-up

Nacho-

Did I already miss the event? I took the 70-461 Saturday and tanked. I only used Pluralsight and MVA, although the MVA was pretty in depth and the guy Tobias kinda went into the small details. I used the free Second Shot and signed up to take it again April 4th. This go round Im using the 70-461 MS Training Kit. You have any other advice?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    a few
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Nicely done. I think a lot of us jump to 461 and really should be focused on this one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ACAS,Comp TIA Security +, Novell CNE, HDI Customer Service, ITIL Foundation, MTA
    How was the 98-364 exam? I will be taking it Monday. Have studied my arse off.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks