+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. Senior Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQqW70EPbbg

Worth watching, pretty interesting preview for 463. Just finished watching back to the nuggets.......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Cranked through another round of practice exams through Kaplan / Transcender from CBT Nuggets.

One thing I noticed about this exam, at least these practice exams is that a series of questions just come to me and then there are some that I don't know at all (very few) and then there are some where I kind of know but not 100%. 461 I felt like I was always behind the whole time grinding except for working with data, which I usually knew the answer. Consequently enough I scored almost 100% working with data for 461 and ~50% for the other 3.

Anyway obviously the chance for a fail is there, but with the Booster pack I am good to go. I believe the booster runs through the end of the month, so if I one and done this exam I will be buying another booster pack for 462. However, I fully anticipant a MUCH longer study time for this one since it's my weakest.

If you watch the video above they mention that you should do the exam you are the most comfortable first to build up momentum, makes sense. If that was the case I would of done 463, 461 then 462. A little out of order but not too bad.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Well it's a wrap I am done with this track for the foreseeable future. I've been given a lot more responsibilities and now I am completely drained from these work efforts. I won't be coming back, still VERY proud to have passed 461, I list it on my resume and get A LOT more hits. Good times!

I won't post in this thread any more. All done.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    WITP (Wannabe IT Professional)
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CSA+, GPEN, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by DatabaseHead View Post
    Well it's a wrap I am done with this track for the foreseeable future. I've been given a lot more responsibilities and now I am completely drained from these work efforts. I won't be coming back, still VERY proud to have passed 461, I list it on my resume and get A LOT more hits. Good times!

I won't post in this thread any more. All done.
    Man, I hate to see you step away. You were killing it. I completely understand though. I was hell bent on getting my CCNA after the CASP, but work has been killing me. Now they've cancelled my vacation for next week, but I am still on for GPEN training the week after. Maybe after Christmas things will settle down a bit.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertaz View Post
    Man, I hate to see you step away. You were killing it. I completely understand though. I was hell bent on getting my CCNA after the CASP, but work has been killing me. Now they've cancelled my vacation for next week, but I am still on for GPEN training the week after. Maybe after Christmas things will settle down a bit.
    Your words inspired me I am back on. I'll keep you posted. 70-463 moving forward, reupped my cbt nugget subscription. Test scheduled in 4 weeks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Another piece that has inspired me.

https://borntolearn.mslearn.net/cfs-...8/certpath.gif

Get the MCSA 2012/2014 and take one more exam you get the Data Management and Analysis MCSE, which IMO is just fine. I like the BI title but the other is fine as well. And it's for 2016!

In short grinding through 463 while taking breaks and wrapping up some mining structures.

Exam is set for the 13th for 463 then 462. This should give me some breathing room to stop for a while until the electives are posted for MCSE 2016.

Back to labs........

PS sorry for the delay but work got overwhelming I really am the only BA at work who can perform these types of task most of the others are on the business side, focusing on financials etc.
    Last edited by DatabaseHead; 10-01-2016 at 03:45 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE: Servers, Sec +, MCITP:DBA 2008, MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014
    You are making great progress man. Feel free to add me on LinkedIn and I will definitely endorse you for SQL Server.
    2017 Goals - MCSA SQL 2016 Database Administration, MCSA Windows Server 2016
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Thanks Nacho

Just assigned 2 more tabular projects and data mining projects. Two more time series forecast then I move onto new product launches, a totally different type of mining structure will be required. Pretty stoked.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/lear...analytics.aspx

Upon completion of the MCSA 2012/2014 I think this is the one I will take.

Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-466.aspx

467 is another options as well, I just think the first one would be a better one for me to take, it aligns with my experiences more.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member
    Working strictly through the Kaplan exams right now and watching youtube videos. I really have had enough from CBT Nuggets training. Two times through with a few additional watches on certain modules I am official done with that....... 13th @ 9am central is the big date. I'll follow up once completed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member
    9 am cst Thursday is my exam for 70-463. Deep breath and back to pre testing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member
    failed ~518 tossed the results immediately lol. Re-evaluating my options at this point. Always have to do that....... I really need to ramp up on my machine learning more so than my tech skills, even though I enjoy the tech component, I am really a analyst/data resource. Not an IT person......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi. I started my story with SQL Server in july this year for 70-462 exam. I track this forum and you topic. IT also is not do 100% at my work Good luck for you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member Chev Chellios's Avatar

Certifications
    MCP, MCDST, CCNSP, ITIL Foundation, working towards CCENT/CCNA
    Just wanted to say thanks for this inspiring thread and good work on the pass- are you attempting the other exam again? Really interesting for me as I've worked in server and network admin for ages but need to step into the SQL world properly soon, keen to learn and looks like a lot to learn too
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks