+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Do I take Database Fundamentals 346 Or Just Jump right in with 461

Hi All

So I have been working with MySQL for the last few years and now we are moving to an SQL Server and I have to learn as I go. So I was wondering do I start from the beginning or do I go for it with the MCSA: SQL Server 461?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCP, MCDST, CCNSP, ITIL Foundation, working towards CCENT/CCNA
    If you know MySQL fairly well and know your way around Databases sounds like the 461 will be the best approach?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Certifications are there to show employers you have a proficiency in something. Is the 346 going to look good to your employer or future employer? If not, don't go for it. If you just need learn something get a book on it or watch videos on it.

Sounds like you've been working with it for a while now and 461 is the way to go if your looking to get a cert to show you really know your stuff.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    hi mate! i started preparing a month ago for 461 and my knowledge and experience is by far less than yours. after reading the whole book i can tell you that i managed to understand everything in it. of course its so many things that i dont remember most of them so i have a long way to go still. but if i can understand this then you can also and if you understand what you read you will eventually learn it . please keep in mind that this is my opinion only and refers only for 461 . i dont know anything about 462 463 and their difficulty (this is one of my fears . that i might pass 461 and get stuck in the next two)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks