+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Member
    Ok! i think i am on track!

i finished all exercises until chapter 4. tomorow i will proceed with chapter 5.

Reading of the book has stopped at end of chapter 6.
    But now that i do the exercises i understand much better the concepts i was studying.

it really worthed the fuss and the sweat to set up the whole thing. I have never used a single code line in prompt and now i learned so many things.

The exercises are very nice (for my level) no excercise is easy (for me). Some things i find them in the book lessons (most of them ) but there are certain things that i have to google to find out how to do them. and i thing this teaches me so many things.

i think that the second reading through the book will be so much easier as i will have so much better understanding of the actual meaning.

I also want to say that i start to feel excitement in the administrative tasks. in the beggining it felt a bit boring. but now i feel the power. copying this from here there, migrating this, exporting this to a file and then bulk inserting it, creating logins and passing them from one instance to the other using scripts and so much more.
    it has its fun for sure

AvgITGeek thanks for your help throughout this process.
    Last edited by ektorakos; 04-01-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, MCP (70-410, 70-411)
    Quote Originally Posted by ektorakos View Post
    well that is the problem. i accidentally checked the keep save my settings for future connections, and now the options dont show automatically when i double click my vm.
    and i dont know how to reenable it
    I'm not following you and I can't recreate what you are describing. When I tick the box to save my connection settings when I connect to a VM that dialog box never appears again. The only way I can get it to appear again is by the steps I outlined above. I just did the same thing here and I had the option to set my monitor resolution, if I wanted the clipboard and printers to work and under the Local devices had the option to see if I wanted the VM to use any of my external drives.

Not to sound like a dick, but I'm going to. You haven't even given me one rep for all of the time I've spent trying to help you. Not that rep really matters to me but if someone gives you or you see helpful advise, rep the person.

Good luck
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AvgITGeek View Post

Not to sound like a dick, but I'm going to. You haven't even given me one rep for all of the time I've spent trying to help you. Not that rep really matters to me but if someone gives you or you see helpful advise, rep the person.

Good luck
    oh man you will make me sound like a nube again.

what is a rep ? and how can i rep you? (possitive reporting?)

just found the little star under posts!

if you see my previous post (5 min before yours) , i specifically thanked you for your help, and i will do it again now. apart from that i dont know what else i am able to do. so you have to help me in that as well .

and you dont sound like a dick. i would probably feel the same.

About the problem (with my core vm) using local devices , i might missed a step.

just found the little star under posts!
    Last edited by ektorakos; 04-02-2017 at 05:44 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AvgITGeek View Post
    I'm not following you and I can't recreate what you are describing. When I tick the box to save my connection settings when I connect to a VM that dialog box never appears again. The only way I can get it to appear again is by the steps I outlined above. I just did the same thing here and I had the option to set my monitor resolution, if I wanted the clipboard and printers to work and under the Local devices had the option to see if I wanted the VM to use any of my external drives.
    Ok... i found the solution . no it was not working. in my case after you press the button there was no way to get that options back again. But according to the below post i am not the only one.
    however saving the options creates a file vmconnect.rdp.{virtual machine GUID}.config .
    you delete it and next time the options appear again.
    the file resides in the below path.
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ Hyper-V\Client\1.0

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...=virtualserver
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member
    I think that my 2014 developer edition does not support replication features.
    is there an alternative to download (evaluation of course) that supports it out there?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    Microsoft: 70-620, 70-642, 70-640, 70-462
    Download SQL Server 2014 SP2 from here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/eval...erver-2014-sp2

When you install, the choice Enterprise edition.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member
    good news! i just passed the 70-462 with 782. i cant say i am very good in this one but practice will make me better.
    At work i work alone so i will also have to deal with administration tasks with my application so i will learn more.
    Now lets go to the third part witch i think will be very interesting!

The 462 exam was easier i think. no code required.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE: Servers, Sec +, MCITP:DBA 2008, MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014
    Congrats!
    2017 Goals - MCSA SQL 2016 Database Administration, MCSA Windows Server 2016
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member
    thanks nachodba,

I read the first chapter of 70-463 and i am already fascinated.
    It is supposed to be the most difficult of the three but i already love it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks