+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 70-431 Question

1. Senior Member

Certifications
    life+

Default 70-431 Question

For those of you out there that have taken this exam, how much of it is query writing vs management/concepts?

I am about to embark on this one and was just lookin for any tips on if the test is weighted towards anything or distributed among all topics.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    See Signature
    Hey brad, sorry this went unanswered for so long

Very little of it is actually writing SQL statements, but you do need to be able to read a SQL statement and understand what it does. You should know how to do things via SSMS as well as the generic form in SQL format.

In a nutshell, I would say about 90% of the exam is performing tasks in SSMS, while 10% relies on your understanding of a SQL statement.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    life+
    Thanks for the reply. Apparently this either isnt in much of a demand, everyone has already done it, or nobody cares to look at it

I ordered a couple of books from amazon based on your recommendation and have a test machine ready that is being used for 291 (on hold ATM). I'll probably prep for a couple of months then test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    A+, CNA, Linux+, MCP, MCTS, DCSE, MCSA, MCSE, CLA
    I used the Microsoft Hands On Training book for the 70-431. Pretty much that was it.

I had 15 simulations. I got a 940 on it but I consider it one of the harder tests I took. Just make sure you know how to get around SSMC.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks