+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 First ... 56789

Certifications
    A+,N+,OCA MySQL, ITIL-F (2012),MCTS: SQL 2008 DB Dev.
    All the best. Keep us posted.....
    Currently Pursuing:

BSc Information Systems and Management (University of London International Programs)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Yeah was up for 3 hours tonight building out temp tables and messing around with some scalar functions, stuff I already know but just trying it different ways.

Pretty much working with SQL I already know fairly well, but wanting to fine tune a few things and explore different ways of doing things. Buidling out some case statements with cast and functions. Not the most complicated code but far from beginner.

Something I was trying tonight was writing case when statements in the group by. I do some statistical analysis with variance etc, and instead of building out ABS in the select I started capturing it in the group by. It cleaner way to filter without having to create a seperate column. It lowers the cost of the query as well.
    Last edited by N2IT; 07-06-2014 at 07:45 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Up again for 3 hours, however tonight I am totally off topic. I am writing batch scripts to automate my SQL backups. I love coding, but I like to do what I want not what the book wants me to do.

Ever run into this? It seems once I start to follow the books path I go back downstairs and start watching TV or go outside and smoke a cigar lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 First ... 56789

Social Networking & Bookmarks